Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Your Favorite Browser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Your Favorite Browser

Old 18-10-2003, 12:37   #1
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light
Your Favorite Browser

HI ya every one this thread has more than likley been done many times b4 .........but i have allways been a avid internet explorer ..... but i recently downloaded netscape 7.1 and i must say it kicks ass .........so here comes the question which is your favorite browser ?
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2003, 12:45   #2
Defiant

Re: Your Favorite Browser

IE5 on win2k. It doe's its job and I dont see the point in having two browsers on a system which only needs one
Old 18-10-2003, 12:46   #3
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14

Mozillia.

Thats my fave.
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 12:57   #4
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Mozilla Firebird 0.7
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 13:13   #5
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

IE6 XP. i must say i do like the look of Crazy Browser which does have it's own pop up filter.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 13:52   #6
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul11974
HI ya every one this thread has more than likley been done many times b4 .........but i have allways been a avid internet explorer ..... but i recently downloaded netscape 7.1 and i must say it kicks ass .........so here comes the question which is your favorite browser ?
Mozilla and netscape are the same thing, but there will be no more netscape releases, if you want to remain upto date you will have to get the latest mozilla from www.mozilla.org

I think netscape 7 is the same as mozilla 4
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 14:04   #7
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Mosaic
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 14:04   #8
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H

Usually Opera, as IE tends to crash every 5 seconds.. but since I've last formmated, I havnt bothered installing opera, and stuck with IE.
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 14:45   #9
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1
Mozilla and netscape are the same thing, but there will be no more netscape releases, if you want to remain upto date you will have to get the latest mozilla from www.mozilla.org
No more Mozilla releases after the current one either, it's going to be the stand-alone web and mail readers from now on.
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 14:57   #10
Benooo
Inactive

Benooo is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Your Favorite Browser

It's got to be Slim Browser for me. It has all I need including pop up stopper and tab windows.
Benooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 15:03   #11
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Opera 7.....I love it......Im the opposite of Steve.. after i formatted I couldnt be bothered setting up ie with all my preferences again and just started sraight away with opera.

Fantastic
Old 18-10-2003, 17:46   #12
paul11974
Inactive

paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light

mmmmmm not a lot of recomendations for netscape on here
Old 18-10-2003, 17:56   #13
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul11974
mmmmmm not a lot of recomendations for netscape on here
I told you mozilla IS netscape.
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 18:11   #14
paul11974
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1
I told you mozilla IS netscape.

kin ell u sound like my mum .....lol ...ok point taken
Old 18-10-2003, 18:18   #15
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

I love my IE6, with its window blinds, it looks cool, and does the job. Mozilla/Netscape and Opera are all to cluttered
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote