Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hauntings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Hauntings

Old 13-09-2005, 01:09   #1
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age
Hauntings

Strange subject I know, but I personally haven't experienced this, but a friend I trust with my life is having....issues, with what he, his fiance and 2 other tenants in the flats upstairs and down, claim is a ghost.

Numerous things have happened, first off it'd be once a month or more, now it's happening several times a week

Strange things like furniture moving around by itself, mostly at night
People feeling like they're being watched
One of the tenants claimed he was touched by something and was paralysed in fear
Two of them experiences loud scratching on one of the walls, as if someone were running their fingernails down the wall
All of them have experienced loud banging on the basement door, which is normally locked and there's no way in, or out of it.

My question, what would you do?
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2005, 02:45   #2
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star
Re: Hauntings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD
Try and get some money from the people who do "Britain's Most Haunted"
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 06:28   #3
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

The house I rent has a history of burning itself down apparantly since a family of 3 died here in a serious fire about 18 years ago.

Weird house so far about 3 of my pc parts just "gone" weird noises, the constant sound of a boiler in the rear bedroom ( the original fire was caused by a fire in the boiler in back room ) yet the boiler is in my bedroom.

Also while redecorating after the last fire when the last tenant left ( nov 2004 ) they found symbols on the walls of some cult thing.

Freaky but I am Wiccan myself and I tend to be able to more handle these things.

*plays x-files music *
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 08:40   #4
atlantis

Quote:
Strange subject I know, but I personally haven't experienced this, but a friend I trust with my life is having....issues, with what he, his fiance and 2 other tenants in the flats upstairs and down, claim is a ghost.

Numerous things have happened, first off it'd be once a month or more, now it's happening several times a week

One of the tenants claimed he was touched by something and was paralysed in fear
Two of them experiences loud scratching on one of the walls, as if someone were running their fingernails down the wall
All of them have experienced loud banging on the basement door, which is normally locked and there's no way in, or out of it.
I can relate to that. In the 1980's, I lived in the middle flats of a three storey block. Every night our cat would hiss at something in the corner of the living room, we couldn't see anything, but the daft thing would puff up, and run into the hallway, and it was very impossible to make it stay in that room.
Even in the heat of summer, you would feel very cold all of a sudden, and on more than once, you could see your own breath.
We had a cupboard behind the main front door (electric & gas meters, hoover etc in there), one day, I went to get the vacuum cleaner, saw what looked like an orange light fly up from downstairs, up through my cupboard, and through the cieling into the flat upstairs. They had a big alsation, big soppy thing, lick you to death, but after that light thing went upstairs, it howled and moaned like an old horror film, and the couple started to argue all the time, which they never did before.
Three months later, we all moved out when landlords offered us alternative places to live, we were all so glad to get out.
Old 13-09-2005, 08:48   #5
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:

Remember first of all It could be absolutely nothing.

Try and dig into the history of the building, see if there is anything that is likely to have caused a haunting.
If things are indeed getting worse then consider contacting the local Spiritualist church, they may be able to help or put you in touch with someone that can.

One other thing you could do is see if there a local ghost hunting group that would come and have a look, they almost certainly could put you in touch with someone that can help.

I am a member on the forums at Otherworld North East.
If you tell me roughly where the place is I'll see if they have any contacts in the area if you like.
Old 13-09-2005, 09:20   #6
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future

Call the Ghost Busters?

On a serious note im sure you can get priests and holy men in to help the problems. Although I have no experience or understanding of how they do it.
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 09:35   #7
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Have a look here http://www.haunted-isles.co.uk/faqs.html they should help you discover how much of a problem your friend has.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 10:14   #8
cnewton2k
Inactive

Services: 100 Meg + Phone
cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to cnewton2k

I can completely understand where your friends are coming from, when I was about 15 I live in a massive corner house, big old building, and my dad used to work away and stay out over night, so a lot of the time I was there by myself. First it of all it was the cupboards in the kitchen, the doors would open and shut, by themselves when I knew for a fact that I was the only person in the house. After a while things started to get worse, I woke up one night and I could her a women and a child cry, coming from the attic, I told my dad and he said that I was just imagining things. Not long after that we moved out and a friend of mine moved in. One day popped round and asked if they had heard anything, and the look on her face was a picture, she told me that she though she was going mad, she would be woken up in the middle of the night by a child crying, get up and go and check on her daughter but her daughter was fast asleep.

One of the things I will never forget is the painting was found in the attic, it was of a young boy about 7, very strange, he had piercing blue eye and he look so sad, it kinda drew your attention to him.
cnewton2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 10:27   #9
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Quote:
Try and get some money from the people who do "Britain's Most Haunted"
What, you mean the bloke with the Jag from Bread and that presenter who gets scared even if she doesn't hear anything, who shine spotlights at pieces of dust and call them "orbs"?
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 10:40   #10
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

In the words of Fox Mulder - I want to believe.

Unfortunately, there is little to no evidence to prove ghosts/spirits exist.

Therefore, I cannot accept their existence.

If it was me, I'd try talking to it at first.
Old 13-09-2005, 10:49   #11
cnewton2k
Inactive

cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre
In the words of Fox Mulder - I want to believe.

Unfortunately, there is little to no evidence to prove ghosts/spirits exist.

Therefore, I cannot accept their existence.

If it was me, I'd try talking to it at first.
I understand where you are coming from, however i have to disagree, Colin fry on living TV comes out with some amazing info, about people that have passed over.

I find it impossible to believe that all he is doing is guessing
Old 13-09-2005, 10:50   #12
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

my house is haunted
my clothes disappear of the bedroom floor, and then re-materialise in the drawer clean and ironed
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 10:54   #13
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iommi
I understand where you are coming from, however i have to disagree, Colin fry on living TV comes out with some amazing info, about people that have passed over.

I find it impossible to believe that all he is doing is guessing
Shame you can't watch the Penn & Teller's "Bull****" show, where they debunk things like this. They did psychics once, and demonstrate very elegantly how its all parlour tricks. They even have a con-artist make out he is a psychic and then tell you he is a con-artist at the end, you never knew til they told you.. He was more accurate than the 'genuine' ones
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 11:02   #14
cnewton2k
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Shame you can't watch the Penn & Teller's "Bull****" show, where they debunk things like this. They did psychics once, and demonstrate very elegantly how its all parlour tricks. They even have a con-artist make out he is a psychic and then tell you he is a con-artist at the end, you never knew til they told you.. He was more accurate than the 'genuine' ones
i know where you are coming from, however i do believe that he is telling the truth.

From personnel experiences with a psychic i do know there is somethign else, they told me things about my little nannie that i didnt have a clue about and then my mum told me that evrything they had said was true.
Old 13-09-2005, 11:04   #15
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

My view on everything occult, including hauntings, psychics, horoscopes, witchcraft etc likens it all to what comes out of a bovines backside, I can't believe that people are gullible enough to actually fall for or believe any of it either.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote