Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to Stop Withheld Numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How to Stop Withheld Numbers

Old 02-09-2005, 10:24   #1
coventrycityfan
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital, Freeview NTL 1MB NTL Phone
coventrycityfan is on a distinguished roadcoventrycityfan is on a distinguished road
How to Stop Withheld Numbers

Hello
I am a NTL customer,i sometimes get phone calls but whenever i answer it there is no-one there and whenever i ring 1471 it says 'Number Withheld'
I registered with TPS last night, however are there any other ways to stop this happening?
coventrycityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2005, 10:27   #2
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
Re: How to Stop Withheld Numbers

you need to dial a code into your phone its different in different areas mine is *227# to activate

#227# to de-activate
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:28   #3
Pø†øƒGøLÐ
Inactive

Services: 10meg BY Cable
Pø†øƒGøLÐ has a spectacular aura about themPø†øƒGøLÐ has a spectacular aura about themPø†øƒGøLÐ has a spectacular aura about themPø†øƒGøLÐ has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to Pø†øƒGøLÐ

Yes - you can pay for a service called Anonymous Caller Rejection which gives all anon callers a recorded message saying "the person you are calling does not accept anonymous callers - please redial using 1470 prefix"... or something like that.

I have this on my line - albeit it's TW and not NTL - but I believe all telephone operators offer something similar. I think it's something like £1 per month but can't remember.
Pø†øƒGøLÐ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:29   #4
coventrycityfan
Inactive

coventrycityfan is on a distinguished roadcoventrycityfan is on a distinguished road

ok mate i'm in Coventry area, could anyone tell me the code for this area please?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:31   #5
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by coventrycityfan
ok mate i'm in Coventry area, could anyone tell me the code for this area please?
I think you have to book this service with your telephone provider first and they will give you the numbers!
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:32   #6
coventrycityfan
Inactive

but i'm asking marky whether i could do it without contacting NTL
Old 02-09-2005, 10:33   #7
marky
Inactive

marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

try this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...withheld+codes

and yes you can you just dial the code in i have
Old 02-09-2005, 10:37   #8
coventrycityfan
Inactive

Good link, will that 66 code somebody mentioned work?
However i need to ask people this, i'm getting some phone calls where i answer and no-one is there at the end of the line,when i put phone down i dial 1471 and says number withheld.
Is this a ploy of marketing companies?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:40   #9
marky
Inactive

i think that is an auto dialer that phones you but there isnt a member of staff to take the call
Old 02-09-2005, 10:41   #10
coventrycityfan
Inactive

That is exactly what i have marky, I answer say Hello Hello a few times but find no-one is answering at all, it really annoys me
Old 02-09-2005, 10:43   #11
marky
Inactive

as for the codes you can do nothing but try them or phone c.s to find the one for you
Old 02-09-2005, 10:48   #12
coventrycityfan
Inactive

ok marky good advice
but does anyone have problems like i'm having at the moment with telephone's ringing, i answer and no-one is there?
Old 09-09-2005, 00:22   #13
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Try SilentCallGuard - you have to register yearly - and it's an 0870 number. Take it in conjunction with Telephone Preference service, and it cuts out a good 99% of the calls
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote