Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1 more day till thunderbirds go (NTL)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

1 more day till thunderbirds go (NTL)

Old 25-08-2005, 14:47   #1
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice
Talking 1 more day till thunderbirds go (NTL)

YIPPPIE am well excited about installation date tomorrow. Hopefully all runs smooth. Been reading this forum and with all the bad comments from some people it starting to make we stressed out thinking that they might not turn up or might do a ***k up of a job.

but hey holding thumbs and if all runs smoothly I will defiantly get a lotto ticket for saturday cus it was my lucky day.

P.S SO FAR SO GOOD.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2005, 14:49   #2
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 1 more day till thunderbirds go (NTL)

Good luck and let us know how it goes
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 14:50   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Moved to ntl billing & Installation

The majority of installs do go as planned, painlessly. It must be remembered that the majority will remain silent when content, but if they have a problem they will shout about it. Hence we always hear more negative than positive report.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 14:53   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My last install went perfectly

He was only slightly confused when he asked where my TV was - but when I turned on my pc and showed him that I was going to use that he was ok.... And he never had a problem with the broadband.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 15:52   #5
nickthegun
Inactive

nickthegun is an unknown quantity at this point

My broadband install was a strange beast.

The installer came round and didnt cut the co-ax cable correctly, so I had to call services to get him to come back out and do it again as the modem couldnt synch.

I also mentioned that as well as not working, the cable was too short (he left me about 6 or 7 feet). I arranged for the guy to come while I was at work and let the GF take care of him.

I get home and the guy has left a good 40 or 50 feet of co-ax cable underneath my PC desk. Ive got enough to litterally use the modem in my neighbours bedroom.
nickthegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 23:22   #6
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

LOL
Sounds like fun. I guess you wont have any problems if you ever need to relocate your connection then.
Hope everything is working well for you, and welcome to the forum

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 10:17   #7
funkyCable

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice

1 hour and 45 mins till I finallly reach the PM window of opportunity. thanks guys for the support.
Old 26-08-2005, 11:03   #8
Jules
Inactive

Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Be brave young Funkycable we are with you
Old 26-08-2005, 11:17   #9
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Not had any real problems with any of the installations the engineers performed (either at current address or previous one). The only slight annoyance was that they tried to be too helpful and modified an existing BT junction box that was already there, so that we'd not have an unused BT one and the NTL one. When we ditched NTL for BT, however, this caused problems and BT had to send an engineer round to tidy it all up. BT said NTL weren't within their rights to modify their hardware, but I can understand why they did it, and they were trying to help after all.

Billing dept, however, cause me to have nightmares! But as long as I continue to take my pills, everything's fine
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 12:31   #10
funkyCable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth

Billing dept, however, cause me to have nightmares! But as long as I continue to take my pills, everything's fine
And what pills are they, where can i get some incase of need? should this be the solution I should take?

GOOOOOO NTL!!!!!

12:00!!!! and the clock starts counting down 5 hours and 57 mins YIIPPPPEEE

And after i finished playing with ntl i can then get some

cable guy has arrived yippie
Old 26-08-2005, 12:40   #11
Jules
Inactive

Go on Funky you can get through this

To be honest I had no problems at all when I had mine installed
Old 28-08-2005, 12:53   #12
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

hmm... Funkycable doesn't seem to have been around since the cable guy turned up.... a bad sign ??
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2005, 21:11   #13
Jules
Inactive

I noticed that as well
Old 28-08-2005, 22:28   #14
spike7451
Inactive

Services: Sky+/BT Home hub,phone & fusion mobile.
spike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
Not had any real problems with any of the installations the engineers performed (either at current address or previous one). The only slight annoyance was that they tried to be too helpful and modified an existing BT junction box that was already there, so that we'd not have an unused BT one and the NTL one. When we ditched NTL for BT, however, this caused problems and BT had to send an engineer round to tidy it all up. BT said NTL weren't within their rights to modify their hardware, but I can understand why they did it, and they were trying to help after all.

#
YEahhh!! AND if I had a quid for every time BT had gone & used our wiring & fittings instead of installing new ones,i'd be on to a winner!! Bet the BT engineer does it himself & was p**** off as he had to do a bit of work!!!!!
spike7451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2005, 23:53   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Because, of course, BT never take shortcuts when fitting a new phone..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote