Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless on Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless on Superhub 2

Old 05-03-2014, 14:59   #1
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart
Wireless on Superhub 2

Can anyone please advise me are the setting below are the best for wireless for 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz for 152 Meg

As 5.0GHz only getting 23Meg out of 152Meg for wireless

Speedtest with 5.0GHz wifi :

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Strange, after rebooting my superhub 2 the wireless is now ok

telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2014, 16:17   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Wireless on Superhub 2

to be honest it is an absolute miracle that you are getting anything at all considering you are not with VM and you moved to Plusnet or whoever it was a couple of months ago you stated you hated VM and were never going to return.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 16:19   #3
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
to be honest it is an absolute miracle that you are getting anything at all considering you are not with VM and you moved to Plusnet or whoever it was a couple of months ago you stated you hated VM and were never going to return.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 16:34   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

oh look, here is the thread with all the ******** in it (and photos). It is a long read but it is worth it. You won't have laughed your ass off so much in ages.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...b-page-13.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
My virgin media is stopped service 16th February (disconnected) due to price rise and I had the right to cancel it with no penalty fee due to price increase (my contract end August 2014). My FTTC is ready to order from 31st January 2014, so, two weeks of FTTC order I should be able to have FTTC 80/20 ready by middle of February.

Bye Bye Virgin Media
Quote:
First of all, goodbye virgin media cable broadband as my 120/12 service will be disconnected on the 16th February after hand my notice in last month.

Got my FTTC available now and Plusnet had confirmed that BT Wholesale had accepted and commited installation date for 13th February for Unlimited Fibre 80/20. Can't wait to get rid of rubbish virgin media service. Since 2007 I been with virgin media, lots of downtime, high congestion in my area, fed up of stupid traffic management. Also, sick of greedy virgin kept increasing price.

Quote:
Only once since 2007! This time I ain't coming back to Virgin. Not interesting on 152 Meg either!
Quote:

one more week to go left and goodbye virgin media (but they been phoned me to try to offered me 120/12 for £23.50 a months for 12 months contract with £14 discount loyalty for 2 years on account) for broadband standalone without virgin phone as they say it even better deal than BT FTTC as they say FTTC is below 70 Meg average and you still need to pay for the BT phone line and they kept telling me it still expensive than virgin media and saying BT will never match Virgin Media speed/price/offer deal. Plus they even metion to me you will get free upgrade to 152/12 soon for the same price. Virgin say I must be mad to go for FTTC £22.49 a month plus an addition charge £15.99 a month for line rental and the speed is almost half loss to FTTC compare to Virgin speed.

Sound too good but I told them no thanks because they will put up price twices in a year as for upgrade to 152 Meg for free, that untrue because they say that last time free double speed but still charged us and double speed never happen until I request one and force into 12 months contract. The upgrade to free 152 Meg will be the same again try to force you into a 12 months contract and probably a price increase too.

So, I told Virgin Media, no thanks. Bye bye.
Quote:
Virgin Media phoned me about the reason of disconnected and offering me 120/12 for just £22.50 with discount loyalty (£15) for 24 months if agree to renewal 12 months contract without a virgin phone. And they promise me I will get 152/12 without increasing price and don't need to renewal contract again. I told them I have a think about it.

What you all think guys? This offer sound a bargain now and they say this offer is the only available for me as a special customer and they doesn't want me to join Plusnet FTTC as they kept telling me about £19.99 a month with up to 76Meg and up to 19Meg plus phone line £15.99 work out more expensive than Virgin Media.
Quote:
Yes, that's right my FTTC installation is tomorrow AM slot 8am to 1pm. I just ignore virgin media kept calling me as I ain't waste my time fall for this offer as I don't trust virgin relation team. My virgin disconnected still as plan this Sunday 16th Feb.
Quote:
BT Openreach Engineer been here half an hour ago and change new master socket and faceplate (MK2) and using his tool kit reading line sync pass 79999K/20000K and plugged BTO Modem with my Netgear DGND3700v2 wireless router and got this speed result below:

BTWholesale test is not working at present, so I cannot see exchange IP Profile yet.

All looking good so far
Quote:
Don't believe me?

Here is proof of engineer installed today:

and this is the best bit:

Quote:
Goodbye, my virgin media had disconnected now. Good riddance. I won't be coming back ever again.

GOODBYE
Old 05-03-2014, 16:55   #5
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Look this thread is about wireless. I told other thread post that I am back with virgin media. What your problem?
Old 05-03-2014, 17:33   #6
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Oh dear Telford you seem to have suffered a huge credibility bypass.........

Again...................

Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 17:40   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Look this thread is about wireless.
no it's not. It is about you feeding everyone -MOD EDIT- and wasting everyone's time. To start off with you moan your ass off about VM, price rises and keep saying you are never going back. You sing "fiber's" praises and how you get full speed bla bla bla and then 1 month later all of sudden you are back with VM. So what can I assume:

1) You left VM, went to plusnet and are now back with VM (which is what you would have us believe
2) Left VM and went to plusnet and are still with them
3) Never (and most plausable), never left VM to start off with

And talking about wireless, one of the reasons why you allegedly left VM was because of the shub and the wireless performance (I cant remember whether or not I copied the post) so please enlighten us all and explain why you came back to VM with the price rises, congestion, rubbish customer service, rubbish shub and the 152mbit tier which you wasn't interested in at all (all by your own admission)

MOD EDIT- Please do not bypass the swear filter.
Old 05-03-2014, 18:02   #8
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

I give up!

Superhub ripped up by some member on ocuk forum. LOL

Old 05-03-2014, 18:17   #9
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
I give up!

Superhub ripped up by some member on ocuk forum. LOL

LOLOL
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 18:26   #10
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Wish I still had the photos of my superhub 1, it was in far more pieces
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 19:15   #11
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

It's quite obvious Telford Cable has "Issues".

Bullying him is not really helpful, Ignore him or humor him, but there is little or no point in ridiculing him.

If he has a personal "issues" that makes him prone to an interest in broadband connections and the companies that provide them, then he is best left alone and ultimately harmless.
Old 05-03-2014, 19:51   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
If he has a personal "issues" that makes him prone to an interest in broadband connections and the companies that provide them, then he is best left alone and ultimately harmless.
the only issue he has is lieing to everyone all the time and I shouldn't have to block him to shield myself from such behaviour. I don't know why the mods havent banned him for all the problems he causes. I am pretty sure his next post is going to say "rang up tech support today about speed problems and agent told me 10gbit is being released next week. I heard it straight from his mouth".
Old 05-03-2014, 21:14   #13
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
the only issue he has is lieing to everyone all the time and I shouldn't have to block him to shield myself from such behaviour. I don't know why the mods havent banned him for all the problems he causes. I am pretty sure his next post is going to say "rang up tech support today about speed problems and agent told me 10gbit is being released next week. I heard it straight from his mouth".

We all read what TelfordCable posts across various forums. Telfordcable and QASDFDSAQ both have an "issue" if ya get me. That makes them want to type allsorts of nonsense over various forums regarding internet providers.

Just leave them to it, they're harmless.
Old 06-03-2014, 16:30   #14
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
We all read what TelfordCable posts across various forums. Telfordcable and QASDFDSAQ both have an "issue" if ya get me. That makes them want to type allsorts of nonsense over various forums regarding internet providers.

Just leave them to it, they're harmless.
Says the guy who's been stalking me online for seven years making up lies. Yeah, I got issues.

Dumbass
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 15:48   #15
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
LOLOL
How on earth did I miss this
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote