Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is the max REN for a VM land line

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What is the max REN for a VM land line

Old 02-03-2014, 07:40   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question What is the max REN for a VM land line

Can any one tell me what the max REN I can have on a VM land line please?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2014, 08:36   #2
tizmeinnit

Re: What is the max REN for a VM land line

http://store.virginmedia.com/content...nlineOct12.pdf check under problem bit
Old 02-03-2014, 09:07   #3
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Thank you.
Old 02-03-2014, 14:07   #4
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Wow I hadn't heard REN mentioned in a long time. Most ppl these days have a DECT type (cordless) phone, sometimes with answer phone built in too, and *I believe* the total REN is only for the main unit.

I thought the days of adding up phone items for REN total had long gone.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 17:10   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

The days of installing extension sockets have gone!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 22:10   #6
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

With a DECT phone, the REN is only 1; I have five extensions on that
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 22:22   #7
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

But in a power cut a DECT phone is useless. Do Virgin phone lines still carry there own power supply? I remember years ago having a power cut but I was still able to use the phone as it was a wired phone but people I know who were on BT at the time had no phone line they could use.

Also where I live if there is a power cut mobiles become useless after about 10-20 minutes.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:27   #8
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
But in a power cut a DECT phone is useless. Do Virgin phone lines still carry there own power supply? I remember years ago having a power cut but I was still able to use the phone as it was a wired phone but people I know who were on BT at the time had no phone line they could use.

Also where I live if there is a power cut mobiles become useless after about 10-20 minutes.
A few years ago their was a power cut and Virgin land line was dead, when the power was restored I contacted Virgin and they replaced the batteries in the street cabinet, I do not know how long the Virgin batteries charge last but it allows the Virgin land line to work for a period of time.
Old 03-03-2014, 21:53   #9
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post

Our BT landline has always worked whenever we've had power cuts, even when they've lasted many hours.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote