Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A-Level Results!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

A-Level Results!

Old 18-08-2005, 08:51   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
A-Level Results!

Hey Hey!

Today the A-Level results come out!! I am not doing A Levels because I chose to do AVCE (I wanted to do A-Levels but AVCE was the only option for ICT). Anyway, Looking forward to it as I failed by GCSE'S and had to retake before going onto A-Level standard, so today it will only be over and I get to see what the last 3 years bring

Good luck to anyone else getting theirs today, Post your results (if you want to)
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2005, 09:17   #2
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Re: A-Level Results!

Not got mine yet ; going in in a bit to get them.

However, i've been confirmed my place at Uni - which although the course offer wasn't that high (220 points) ... it's still a relief
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 09:20   #3
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Well done and good luck all, for all those in range

Regal Moon is advertising bring any results today to them ( regal moons in rochdale town centre ) and get 10% of all meals plus other various discounts this also includes drinks
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 09:52   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Son is awaiting AS level results..I'm hoping he had pulled up his socks enough to pass them or it means an extra year trying to chase better results OR getting a job..

He did say that I might not be happy with his results and still be angry with him on his birthday(Saturday) but as I said it's not my problem..it's his.If he doesn't work at this stage of his life without nagging he's on his own.He's a fully fledged adult next year and I can no longer tell him what to do..So I won't.I just won't be able to financially to support him any further than through university IF he gets the right results.

Would help if he had some idea of what he wants.
Old 18-08-2005, 09:53   #5
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Sounds like your having problems there Incog?
Old 18-08-2005, 10:02   #6
dd2k
Inactive

dd2k is on a distinguished roaddd2k is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to dd2k

i did a BTEC National Diploma in IT support(equiv to 3 A-Levels), i knew my reults as i was going along as its modular assesed, id hate the waiting game that A-Level students have to go through.

I got Distinction Merit Merit, or B B C in A-Level talk
dd2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 10:02   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxodriver
Sounds like your having problems there Incog?
No he's ok really.He's not a chav,he's not hanging around street corners, he doesn't smoke, hates alcohol(and drunks) and I don't think he is into drugs either.

He just haunts his room all day and haunts the internet most of the night.
Old 18-08-2005, 10:04   #8
AndrewJ
Inactive

LOL I hope he does well Incog.
Old 18-08-2005, 15:13   #9
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

Got mine, wasnt too pleased, but what can you do:

Geology A
Geography B
Biology D
Chemistry E (not bad considering I didn't revise for this one)

Am retaking some modules in January, hopefully ending up with AAB

I might be too lazy though, we'll see.....
Kliro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 15:15   #10
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Look on the bright side.... your results spell something...

BEAD
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 15:29   #11
xcdtowg
Inactive

xcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to behold

Just flown back from holiday and went straight to pick up my results.
I got AAC , A's in Psychology and Communications and a C in Sociology, my uni course only needs 3 D's to get in, so I think I'm set for uni
Grats to everyone else who recieved their results today, hope your all celebrating
xcdtowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 15:45   #12
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcdtowg
Just flown back from holiday and went straight to pick up my results.
I got AAC , A's in Psychology and Communications and a C in Sociology, my uni course only needs 3 D's to get in, so I think I'm set for uni
Grats to everyone else who recieved their results today, hope your all celebrating
what is communications? havent heard of that one before

i got BCCC when i did mine a couple of years ago, just to throw back to nostalgia... and an A in computing AS...

hey, it earned me an alumni posting... http://www.greenhead.ac.uk/prospectu...r_gc/after.htm

for people too lazy:

Quote:
DAVID STONES came to Greenhead from Castle Hall High School with a very strong all-round academic record. He followed courses in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computing and General Studies. He participated in the college's work-shadowing scheme and spent a week shadowing technical IT engineers, who install and service commercial computing systems. David is now at Birmingham University on a Mechanical Engineering degree course.
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 15:56   #13
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stones

what is communications? havent heard of that one before

i got BCCC when i did mine a couple of years ago, just to throw back to nostalgia... and an A in computing AS...

hey, it earned me an alumni posting... http://www.greenhead.ac.uk/prospectu...r_gc/after.htm

for people too lazy:

[/right]

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh, bless the boy - don't you look young
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 15:58   #14
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

ugly too

Is he your brother Nug
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 15:59   #15
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh, bless the boy - don't you look young
well remember it was taken back in the heady days of me being 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon M
ugly too

Is he your brother Nug
jealousy manifests itself in many ways, i see
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote