You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT
Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
Re: Dropped Packets
As a matter of interest if you changed your DNS to open DNS or Google DNS, does the problem go away? I'm on Google DNS and it didn't happen to me and Kwikkie may be able to tell us if he is on VM DNS.
Services: Plusnet FTTC,
FoxSat HDR for TV,
Vonage VOIP.
Posts: 2,082
Re: Dropped Packets
It wasn't the DNS server to blame as the TBB monitor pings IPs so no DNS is involved. It was a router on the peering link as I already said and it was fixed ~ 3pm. Obviously the route to you from TBB involved a different path. It was a disappointingly long fault especially as they apparently made no mention of it on their faults page - I didn't check the page myself though.
I reverted to VM DNS when I went back to using the Superhub as a router - manually setting all my differnt bits of kit wasn't worth the effort as in the main the VM DNS isn't bad once you've opted out of their 404 diversion.