Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 50 - 100Mb .. not good so far

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

50 - 100Mb .. not good so far

Old 24-04-2012, 10:42   #1
MPH
cf.member

Services: VM Up to 100Mb broadband
MPH is an unknown quantity at this point
50 - 100Mb .. not good so far

On the Hayes exchange in Pinner Middx.. just had my speed doubled from 50/5 to 100/5... previous 30 & 50mb were rock solid.
Various computers in the house all wired via Gigabit ethernet, speeds currently fluctuating between 15-75mb . did get the full 100mb for the first 2-3 days.
The speed doubling for my area is between April - July (2012) could this be effecting my speed.. seems odd it was solid for the first few days.

Any ideas ?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2012, 13:54   #2
georgepomone
Inactive

Services: Tivo. VIP 120 Pack.
georgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to all
Re: 50 - 100Mb .. not good so far

Interesting, you are down for doubling speed between April/July. In Ipswich, Essex etc. Down for doubling March/April, still waiting.
georgepomone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 16:07   #3
olisun
cf.member

olisun is on a distinguished roadolisun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
On the Hayes exchange in Pinner Middx.. just had my speed doubled from 50/5 to 100/5... previous 30 & 50mb were rock solid.
Various computers in the house all wired via Gigabit ethernet, speeds currently fluctuating between 15-75mb . did get the full 100mb for the first 2-3 days.
The speed doubling for my area is between April - July (2012) could this be effecting my speed.. seems odd it was solid for the first few days.

Any ideas ?
Did you ask to be upgraded or did did you get upgraded automatically?
olisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 17:42   #4
MPH
cf.member

Services: VM Up to 100Mb broadband
MPH is an unknown quantity at this point

I just called them up .. I have had 100mb in my area for some time now so it seemed rude not to .. once the price change came through at the start of April I thought I would ask the question as I was now effectivly paying for the 100mb service but getting 50.
Heh .. so I guess it's ironic that I am now getting 15-40.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 18:06   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

they have probably banged everyone else up as well and there isnt enough juice to go around. You have got to remember that it isnt just the 50s going to 100, it is all the 30s going to 60 as well and I am sure there are bucket loads of them.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 18:32   #6
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

We have poor line speeds too. On 50meg it was always between 47-50meg but on the 100meg service we are only getting around 36meg on average but occasionally we get about 94meg no matter what time of day we are online.
Old 24-04-2012, 18:48   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I had the same problem dude, the only way I could tell for sure what speed i was getting was to do some bulky downloads and add up the download speed.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote