Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can I order broadband for my son if he lives in a different address?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can I order broadband for my son if he lives in a different address?

Old 14-04-2012, 23:33   #1
ian1969uk
Inactive

ian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the rough
Can I order broadband for my son if he lives in a different address?

We live in Middlesbrough, my son lives in Huddersfield.

I already have phone, TV and broadband with VM, could I order a broadband service for his address and pay for it? Or would he have to do it himself?

Thanks
ian1969uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2012, 23:43   #2
sebastion
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Talk and BB.
sebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Can I order broadband for my son if he lives in a different address?

Yes, I do this for my daughter and pay it through my bank with Direct Debit.
sebastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 23:54   #3
ian1969uk
Inactive

ian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the roughian1969uk is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, is it done on your existing VM account, or through an account in her name but paid through your direct debit?
ian1969uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 05:40   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

if I give you my address can you order it for me as well
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 07:07   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian1969uk View Post
Thanks, is it done on your existing VM account, or through an account in her name but paid through your direct debit?
It would have to be a new account in their name not yours, you can still pay for the services.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 14:34   #6
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

The only warning I will give you; If the account is in their name I expect they will find it possible to call up VM and have services added or upgraded without getting your permission. You may want to have that discussion before you get cracking. You can keep an eye on the account through the VM web site.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 14:39   #7
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

You can set up as many accounts in your name as your credit allows I think ..
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote