Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | So I was correct after all!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

So I was correct after all!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:54   #1
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road
So I was correct after all!

Free Virgin Media Super Hub: Available to all new broadband customers taking our 30Mb, 60Mb or 100Mb broadband services, and to existing customers upgrading to 30Mb, 60Mb and 100Mb broadband
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 08:23   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: So I was correct after all!!

yup, I knew you was right because it made sense. Having all those tiers must have been a nightmare and it makes sense to start from scratch and clean it up. Just imagine what it would have been like if they kept going and introduced 200mbit and 400mbit. We would be on XXXXXXXXL (slight exageration)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:58   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I remember the argument was everyone that is on ten meg is getting upgraded to 30, which isn't the case, only new customers or customers that have a superhub will get 30, the rest gets 20
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:01   #4
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Which is what I have said all along
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:56   #5
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Maybe eventually people will be upgraded to 30 meg from 20.

So everyone will then be on 30, 60, 120 meg.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:03   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

If thy have a superhub can't see why not,
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:18   #7
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
At the moment its £5 a month to be upgraded from 10 to 30 meg.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:19   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Let's wait and see what happens once all the upgrades are done
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23   #9
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
I'm being offered 60meg for that price; though 'existing customer offers'.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:24   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Don't see how. That would be more like the jump from L to XL, which is now 60Mbit
Old 02-04-2012, 10:24   #11
borrissey
Inactive

Carl that was what my brother was quoted he's only got 10 meg BB and phone with VM.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:39   #12
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

£5 per month extra and £49.95 install fee for very little work to go to 60Mb/s.
would be even quicker if the super hub was activated before the engineer got there.
They won't even have time to wait for the Kettle to boil to make the Tea.

Currently waiting for the VM phone call that will remove the install fee and makes the upgrade completely free offer that others have been getting.

I assume if 60Mb/s is not ready in your area you get put on to 30Mb/s untill double speed is active and you then get 60Mb/s
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 13:04   #13
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I remember the argument was everyone that is on ten meg is getting upgraded to 30, which isn't the case, only new customers or customers that have a superhub will get 30, the rest gets 20
Superhub free on request.Job Done
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 13:18   #14
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Had the phone call
Don't have the right bundle to get 60Mb/s free offer.
Instead got moved early to 30Mb/s Totaly free this wednesdays.

( this upgrade to 30Mb/s from 10Mb/s will happen to all 10Mb/s users in the end according to CS, Im just being moved early now.)
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 14:11   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Maybe eventually people will be upgraded to 30 meg from 20.

So everyone will then be on 30, 60, 120 meg.
That is what i think will happen next year once they have completed the speed doubling rollout
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote