Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Next door neighbours Virginmedia installation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Next door neighbours Virginmedia installation

Old 07-02-2012, 20:08   #1
Dazf42
Inactive

Dazf42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Next door neighbours Virginmedia installation

I live in a terraced house and have had Virginmedia cable broadband for over a year and my next door neighbour has had Virginmedia services installed today. I've come home from work and found that the VM installer has installed a cable from my outside box to my neighbours outside box. Is this normal practise?
Dazf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2012, 20:49   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Next door neighbours Virginmedia installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazf42 View Post
I live in a terraced house and have had Virginmedia cable broadband for over a year and my next door neighbour has had Virginmedia services installed today. I've come home from work and found that the VM installer has installed a cable from my outside box to my neighbours outside box. Is this normal practise?
Short answer NO.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 22:22   #3
Arthur Hucksake
Inactive

Arthur Hucksake is an unknown quantity at this point

Always wondered what the score was on that. NTL did it years ago to us at an old address.
Arthur Hucksake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 22:49   #4
Dazf42
Inactive

Dazf42 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been onto VM and the technical guy that I spoke to informed me that it was not normal parctise and they are sending out a Technical Engineer tomorrow afternoon to take a look. I will keep this post updated.
Dazf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 00:14   #5
essjay
cf.addict

essjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond repute

On service many many years ago we used to do this to restore service. I have know some lazy installers do this.
essjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:14   #6
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazf42 View Post
This is only usually done if there are construction issues, and it should then only be used as a temporary fix. Unfortunatley some installers use it as a shortcut to avoid pulling another cable where a shared tee is used.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 13:51   #7
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Do you mean the box on your wall where the cable enters your house, or the cover (triangular in my case) on the pavement directly outside your house where the cable surfaces? If its the latter then this is normal practice and each one can support five houses depending on the amount of kit in each.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote