Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Router & xBox Live

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VM Router & xBox Live

Old 16-01-2012, 21:59   #1
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
VM Router & xBox Live

OK, basically up until last November I could connect to my xBox 360 via the internal wireless thing. It suddenly stopped working so I had to use an old ethernet cable I had in the house which until last Friday it stopped working.

I tried getting the internal wireless thing working again but the IP Address settings won't set themselves up automaticlally. I enter all the details manually but it still won't work. It says I need to make sure my DHCP settings are enabled.

How do I find them on the 192.168.0.1 page, I have looked for hours each day and still can't find them.

Thanks for any help, Google is no help at all.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2012, 08:51   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: VM Router & xBox Live

somewhere there will be a section for ip addresses and on the router itself you just want to make sure it automatically assigns them and you untick any options for something like an ip reservation list. Unless you have changed it in the past (on the router), it should be trying to do that already. What you have probably tried doing is manually configuring the ip address on your devices themselves. I can't speak for games consoles (but presumably they will an option for obtain setting through dhcp or automatically or something) but in windows you want to be going into your control panel, click on network connections, right click your adapter and click properties, select ipv4 and click properties and just click obtain ip address automatically and it will blank out any manual settings you have put in previously.

If you think your router isn't handing out addresses via dhcp, when everything is booted up go to your pc and click on start and run, type in "cmd" which will pull up and a command line type in "ipconfig". If you are having problems your ip address will be something like 169.254.something otherwise it will be something like 192.168.1.100 which is what the router has dished out. I would assume consoles have a screen you can go into to see things like ip addresses and mac addresses etc but if not, the router should have a screen if connected devices with their macs and ip addresses.

I can't be more specific because I have never used a VM router.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 11:53   #3
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Thanks for the reply, will have a proper go tonight.
Old 18-01-2012, 15:56   #4
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Tried it on my main gamer tag and it still doesn't work but tried my backup one and it works fine so must be a problem with main gamer tag.

Thanks for helping
Old 18-01-2012, 16:02   #5
wayned123
Inactive

wayned123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Tried it on my main gamer tag and it still doesn't work but tried my backup one and it works fine so must be a problem with main gamer tag.

Thanks for helping

a problem i found with my xbox is occaisonally it changed its ip adress and giving me a stict nat so the settings i had in the router for playing on line with the xbox which i ended up configuring the xbox maully so it did not automatically change ip
wayned123 is offline   Reply With Quote