Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | More Virgin Latency

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

More Virgin Latency

Old 28-10-2011, 03:08   #1
Teessider
Inactive

Teessider is an unknown quantity at this point
More Virgin Latency

I'm new here & this is my first post , so first of all Hello Everyone

My problem is , even though my D/L & U/L speeds are fine , I get really bad juttery spikes when browsing or playing games

For example in WOW i'll be running at 80fps then 5 mins later it'll drop to 8fps & so on & so forth

Was wondering if this is a known issue , only started happening about 4 days ago and have yet to phone Virgin as I see others have had similar issues in the past and they eventually get fixed

Can people having similar issues in the Teesside area let me know if they are suffering or even if they have a temporary fix

Will phone Virgin over next day or two but quietly confident i'll get fobbed off
Teessider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-10-2011, 06:22   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: More Virgin Latency

Quote:
For example in WOW i'll be running at 80fps then 5 mins later it'll drop to 8fps & so on & so forth
As far as I'm aware there are no connections between Latency and FPS?

That would be solely hardware related unless I'm wrong and could be caused by countless problems on a standard desktop.

the most common latency problem with WoW is a persistent problem which pops up every so often for UK players all over the country. They reach pings of over 3000ms when trying to play. There are fixes for this which I have posted in another WoW related thread. For now though that issue is resolved for most.
Old 28-10-2011, 06:56   #3
Teessider
Inactive

Teessider is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe i'm describing it wrong , the WOW was an example , in regards to when that happens my browser and evrything will slow to almost a halt , even though my Home/World MS will stay the same , so yeah maybe it's not latency as such but really bad jitters every 5 mins
Teessider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 09:01   #4
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

If you're seeing FPS drop in game every 5 minutes it is your computer that is the issue, not VM.

Everything slowing to a halt even offline stuff sounds like something is making your hard drive thrash / you're running out of RAM.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 23:56   #5
zer0
Inactive

Services: 60mbit
zer0 is on a distinguished roadzer0 is on a distinguished road

my jitters been pretty good recently, although its still not optimal, its better than the 20-30 range it was in a few months ago

zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote