Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VIP50 to VIP100

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VIP50 to VIP100
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2011, 11:57   #1
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
VIP50 to VIP100

Just looking for some info.

I've currently got VIP50 but just noticed today that 100Mb broadband has finally arrived in my area.

Can anyone help with the following:

1. Will I need a new modem & router?
2. What charge if any will there be for upgrading from VIP50 to VIP100?
3. What will my new monthly repayment be?

Any info would be a great help. I've had a look around the Virgin website, and I'm sure all the info will be there, however the regular posters in this thread are a much better resource.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2011, 12:07   #2
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VIP50 to VIP100

1)If you have a SuperHub, no. If you don't, yes
2)You would need to speak to Virgin about that. They were doing free install for 50 > 100Mbit, so you might just have to pay activation of £30
3) If you have no additional services on top of the standard bundle it would be £111.46
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 12:35   #3
bornsurvivorxx
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16
bornsurvivorxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Slightly off topic but can you still get vip20? And if so what is the price?
Thanks in advance for any help
bornsurvivorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 12:55   #4
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VIP50 to VIP100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornsurvivorxx View Post
Slightly off topic but can you still get vip20? And if so what is the price?
Thanks in advance for any help
VIP 20? Probably not. There is VIP with 30Mbit but it's not worth it as you don't get the TiVo fee or the Sky HD included and once you add them in it becomes more expensive than VIP with 50Mbit
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 17:45   #5
Parlyboy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Posts: 144
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice
Re: VIP50 to VIP100

I'm getting the upgrade from 50 to 100 on Friday 4th November. No activation fee and free installation. £111.46 per month.

You should be able to get this as we're in roughly the same area, I'm in Bo'ness btw.
Parlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 18:30   #6
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: VIP50 to VIP100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy View Post
I'm getting the upgrade from 50 to 100 on Friday 4th November. No activation fee and free installation. £111.46 per month.

You should be able to get this as we're in roughly the same area, I'm in Bo'ness btw.
I'm in Bo'ness too
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 23:05   #7
philwhite100
This tastes nice
 
philwhite100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hindley Green Wigan
Services: TV360/1gb internet
Posts: 571
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Re: VIP50 to VIP100

I am thinking of upgrading from 50 to 100 but might wait a while as 50meg will have to do for now due to financial reasons.
__________________
I once had Amnesia, i remember it well !!!
philwhite100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 12:19   #8
Parlyboy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Posts: 144
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice
Re: VIP50 to VIP100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm in Bo'ness too
So it's YOU who's been hogging the bandwith?!!

Actually it was probably me judging by the slap on the wrist I got from VM a few months ago
Parlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 14:00   #9
BenJSmyth
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Crawley
Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Posts: 632
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VIP50 to VIP100

This has just become available in our area too but whenever I phone up the upgrade number I get through to the national broadband team and then passed onto the cable team but just sit there on hold.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Well I have eventually got through but have been told it is not available at my address. If I select my address from the postcode checker on the VM website though it tells me it is available. I checked on the postcode checker last weekend and it wasn't available but thought I would have a look today and now it is. Perhaps someone should tell the sales team! What shall I do?!
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:41.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum