Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wonky Wireless

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wonky Wireless

Old 08-10-2011, 15:19   #1
da_vone
Inactive

da_vone is on a distinguished roadda_vone is on a distinguished road
Wonky Wireless

Hi everyone ive got the superhub the nice free standing modem where the lights are as follows blue, green, green.

The computer i use has a wired connection so the net is working really well.

However the wireless is a little wonky in the sense its a bit of a hit and miss and its been like this for almost a week now. i can see my wireless name on the laptop and phone but it just wont connect (and then the are times when its behaving it does connect and works well).

I have changed the wireless name about 2 times [mainly just replacing the number at the end] as well as resetting it with the switch at the back as well as taking the plug out and putting it back in and also pushing a pin in the back to reset it, but none of these things have sorted out the issue. Does any one have any suggestion?
da_vone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 17:28   #2
da_vone
Inactive

da_vone is on a distinguished roadda_vone is on a distinguished road
Re: Wonky Wireless

Hi again all, i called up tech support and had a fiddle in the advance setting in the super hub turns out the Chanel under the wireless setting was auto and they guy advised me to change it to 11. Wireless seems to be working nicely now. thanks to everyone who read this post. Much Appreciated
da_vone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 19:00   #3
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Wonky Wireless

Try using InSSider to help set your channel to the least congested in your locality.

I found setting the 802.11 mode to 145mbps and the band to 2.4ghz was the only settings that gave me a semblance of stability. Even after R30 I was still getting the odd reboot.

Good luck with it. If all else fails get a decent router and switchto modem mode.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote