Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone else down this morning

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anyone else down this morning

Old 05-10-2011, 07:52   #1
SiJ2000
Inactive

Services: VM Broadband and lots of STBs!
SiJ2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone else down this morning

Lost service about 30 mins ago... Anyone else? The service status page doesn't work either!
SiJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2011, 08:39   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Anyone else down this morning

everything works fine for me dude and I can get to the service status page
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:48   #3
SiJ2000
Inactive

Service status page now working, but it is showing an area fault now...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:06   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

When I saw the thread title I thought you were feeling a bit low today Si .... was just about to tell you it's ok, life will get better soon enough.

To the topic though - I've never put too much faith in service status pages. They only really pick up on issues once they reach a certain size. If it's just your own connection, or even just your own street, that's gone down, you're not going to see anything about it on that page.

I'd take a deep breath and just give them a call.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:10   #5
SiJ2000
Inactive

Apparently a local issue, so we'll see what happens... Was down all last Wednesday too, they seem to be making a habbit of it!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:59   #6
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

are 21 my internet and phone are fine, but Samsung V+ STB has no display, held in power button, just displays "stop " power off and on, stb does nothing

phoned 151, recorded message says problems in Surry and London, not down here, on hold for 5 mins, to be told by call centre there is a problem down here, which is odd as normally you get an error display, not nothing
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:35   #7
SiJ2000
Inactive

I am also area 21... Was fixed earlier though, by 10am I think... Is yours OK now?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:48   #8
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

no, I'll try turning STB off and on again.

Cheers
Old 06-10-2011, 08:42   #9
admars
cf.mega poster

phoned them up again last night, eventually got through to someone who confirmed fault with STB after all, engineer coming up tomorrow evening.

Bit rubbish that the first person said it was my area, and rubbish that when I phoned in the evening the message still said engineer looking at Surrey, should be fixed 12:30, and London area 13:00!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46   #10
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Yeah mine was down as well but I just did what Indian callcentre staff do when they haven't got a clue - I rebooted the modem and it was all ok again.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:04   #11
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

It's a good technique. It usually works perfectly for most things - especially the Superhub. If it doesn't you can always accidentally cut the caller off.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:59   #12
Dush
Inactive

Dush can only hope to improve

I'm down in E17. The engineer that came round said it's going to be bad until they fix the UBR issues late this month
Dush is offline   Reply With Quote