Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is the best way...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What is the best way...

Old 29-09-2011, 14:57   #1
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute
What is the best way...

What is the best way to raise a formal complaint against the Indian call centers without it having a negative affect on me.

Allow me to explain.

My connection died this afternoon, so I called 151, and worked through the menus. I was connected to an Indian call center. The person who answered had such a thick accent which I could barely understand, I didn't even wait for him to finish his greeting. I hung up and redialed.

Repeat this 8 times, until I got a female voice, but with a much milder accent, but still difficult to understand. I explained that I was having trouble understanding her due to my hearing impediment and her accent, and could she transfer me to someone without such a thick accent.

She refused. "I am sorry, I am not able to do that." I think she said. I asked for a note to be placed on my account regarding that I was unhappy about the Indian call centers, and hung up.

After redialing 20 or so times, I finally got connected to someone with a British accent, still trying to pin it down where abouts in the UK, but it was understandable, to me.

He failed to identify the problem and scheduled an engineer, but thats another story.

Its not an attack on India or Virgin Media, not directly, I do understand why they have outsourced to India, but I feel there should be some recourse if people are finding they cannot understand the thick Indian accents.

What would be the best way of recording my dis-satisfaction?

Interestingly with regards to my loss of connection, I noticed my SH was too hot to touch, so I pointed two desk fans at it, and then a short while later, my connection was restored, and the SH was cool enough to touch. Im not happy about it being that hot, so I think I will keep the engineers appt.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2011, 15:17   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: What is the best way...

whats your power levels like?

login
advanced settings
connection
copy and paste what appears in the middle white column/screen
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 15:25   #3
MichelleUK
Inactive

MichelleUK is an unknown quantity at this point

In future I would try posting your problem on the official Virgin Media Help forum.

I too had horrendous trouble with the Indian call centre - I could not understand them, they could not understand me, they kept "putting me through to faults" only for me to have to start again from the beginning... all soul destroying stuff.

I posted my issues on the Virgin Media forum, and both times within a couple of hours an official Virgin person had looked up my account, by using my login details I guess, looked into the problem and sorted it! Give it a try, I was well impressed! Here you go:

http://community.virginmedia.com/
MichelleUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 16:59   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Supposedly calling shortly after 8am should connect you to a UK agent but that's never worked for me.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 17:15   #5
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
Startup Procedure
Procedure	Status	Comment
Acquire Downstream Channel	322750000 Hz	Locked
Connectivity State	OK	Operational
Boot State	OK	Operational
Configuration File	OK	 
Security	Enabled	BPI+
Downstream Channels
Lock Status	Modulation	Channel ID	Max Raw Bit Rate	Frequency	Power	SNR	Docsis/EuroDocsis locked
Locked	QAM256	100	55616000 Kbits/sec	322750000 Hz	6.2 dBmV	33.9 dB	Hybrid
Locked	QAM256	97	55616000 Kbits/sec	298750000 Hz	7.7 dBmV	33.9 dB	Hybrid
Locked	QAM256	98	55616000 Kbits/sec	306750000 Hz	7.5 dBmV	34.0 dB	Hybrid
Locked	QAM256	99	55616000 Kbits/sec	314750000 Hz	6.9 dBmV	34.0 dB	Hybrid
Unlocked	Unknown	0	0 Ksym/sec	0 Hz	0.0 dBmV	0.0 dB	Unknown
Upstream Channels
Lock Status	Modulation	Channel ID	Max Raw Bit Rate 	Frequency	Power
Locked	ATDMA	1	20480 Kbits/sec	35800000 Hz	37.5 dBmV <-ATDMA, isnt that supposed to be bad or something?
Unlocked	Unknown	0	0 Ksym/sec	0 Hz	0.0 dBmV
Primary Downstream Service Flow
Downstream(0)
SFID	25874
Max Traffic Rate	33330000 bps
Max Traffic Burst	3044 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate	0 bps
Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0)
SFID	22711
Max Traffic Rate	3333000 bps
Max Traffic Burst	8160 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate	0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst	8160 bytes
Scheduling Type	Best Effort
My power levels as someone requested.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 18:18   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

your downstream power levels are borderline too high and SNR borderline too low which could be the cause of the your disconnects. Upstream power could do with being a bit higher as well. Defo worth getting an engineer out; easily fixed. The ming mongs on the end of the phone should have been able to spot that though.

There is nothing wrong with ATDMA, you are thinking of qpsk vs QAM
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 19:00   #7
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Your power levels and SNR are all fine, given that we operate in the real world rather than laboratories where everything is perfect. If they were causing problems you would likely see performance issues, slow speeds, packet loss, well before disconnections.

Your event log might be handy.

No idea about your original query.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 19:24   #8
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

you need a new SH thats for sure if its heating up a lot. mention it to the engineer he should fit a new SH or you can order a replacement yourself.. yes that means calling 150 but its simple, say "my SuperHub is heating up too much" agent should say ok and order you one.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote