Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub and 10MB service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub and 10MB service

Old 15-09-2011, 20:12   #1
smallethic
Inactive

smallethic is an unknown quantity at this point
Superhub and 10MB service

I have a spare Superhub. Can it be used on the 10MB service? If so, what does one have to do to get it connected?
smallethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2011, 21:13   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Superhub and 10MB service

if you got it from a mate or ebay its stolen and cant be used
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 21:17   #3
smallethic
Inactive

Virgin sent me two rather than one and told me to keep the extra one.
Old 15-09-2011, 21:31   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quickstart on 0800 953 9500 should be the best place to try to get it activated
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 22:27   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallethic View Post
I have a spare Superhub. Can it be used on the 10MB service? If so, what does one have to do to get it connected?
You can only have one modem per account if you call in to activate the new modem the old modem will be deactivated and no longer work.

You cannot give the Superhub to a friend as it will not work on their account either.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 22:48   #6
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
You can only have one modem per account if you call in to activate the new modem the old modem will be deactivated and no longer work.

You cannot give the Superhub to a friend as it will not work on their account either.
couldnt the friend just phone up the quickstart line and get it activated?
if the mac addresses are linked to the account before being sent out, then why do they still need activating?

or, do the quickstart team check if a replacement superhub was sent out?
reason I ask is because I was sent a spare, and if i get any problems in the future, I was hoping i could just swap it out instead of phoning for an engineer... just swap then phone the quickstart line.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 00:44   #7
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

If they told you to keep it then they've reliquished ownership of it.

At which point I'd like to buy it off you.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 01:38   #8
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
If they told you to keep it then they've reliquished ownership of it.

At which point I'd like to buy it off you.
lol, id love to rip one apart and see if I can improve the wireless signal.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 07:23   #9
smallethic
Inactive

I'm a 30MB Virgin customer; my son is a 10MB Virgin customer. Virgin have given me a spare Superhub and told me to keep it. I do not see why that spare should not be used for my son's 10MB connection. What's the problem in activating it?
Old 16-09-2011, 11:35   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
couldnt the friend just phone up the quickstart line and get it activated?
if the mac addresses are linked to the account before being sent out, then why do they still need activating?

or, do the quickstart team check if a replacement superhub was sent out?
reason I ask is because I was sent a spare, and if i get any problems in the future, I was hoping i could just swap it out instead of phoning for an engineer... just swap then phone the quickstart line.
Superhub MAC addresses are usually added to your account before being sent out so will be linked to your account and will not activate on another account, thats why it.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 13:45   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
lol, id love to rip one apart and see if I can improve the wireless signal.
Not a whole lot you could do but it does have detacheable antennas which can be replaced with a pigtail and whatever standardized antenna connect you fancy using.

The wireless card is also changeable but I wouldn't count on being to make it work without modifying the firmware's wireless driver, which of course will break your modem.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote