Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Late night disconnections

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Late night disconnections

Old 06-09-2011, 14:44   #1
Lochenvar
Inactive

Lochenvar is an unknown quantity at this point
Late night disconnections

Generally my cable connection is pretty good but it's recently taken to dropping out completely and staying off for a few hours. Last night this happened and so I called VM. I said that the modem's Ready light was off and the Sync light was flashing rapidly. The tech support guy said that he could see the modem was offline and that it might be a line fault. He said that he could book an engineer to come out but that if it was working when he arrived then he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Now this exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago, on two consecutive nights. On both of those occasions it was working fine in the morning, so I guessed that this would be the case again (sure enough, everything's fine today). I reiterated to him that this had happened before so there must be something wrong somewhere - he said that he would initiate a complaint and get all the lines in the area checked.

That sounded a bit like I was being fobbed off, but what more could I say, so I left it there.

As I'd been on the Xbox when I was disconnected, I'd forgotten that the last time this occurred, the TV signal also disappeared; I checked and that was the case again. It was very late by this point, so I wasn't going to call VM again, but do you think I might get a better response if I call the TV support department next time?

And has anyone else had this problem? As I say, the TV and internet are perfectly fine for most of the time but, in these cases, are just disconnecting for hours on end.
Lochenvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2011, 08:51   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Late night disconnections

if it is happening frequently dude I would get someone out to look at it because the chances are it is an area fault and it won't get looked at till everyone starts moaning about it
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote