Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Quoted speed V actual speed.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Quoted speed V actual speed.

Old 15-08-2011, 18:08   #1
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Quoted speed V actual speed.

In the 9 months I have been a Virginmedia customer one thing I have noticed is 99% of the time I get the speed they say I will.

I also have a ADSL line and it does not hit its "upto" advertised speed but my Virginmedia connection will ALWAYS hit the quoted speed. I just think it shows how VM are really investing in the network to ensure us broadband customers get the best service possible.

So if anyone is reading this thinking of joining Virginmedia for broadband my advice is DO IT! You won't regret it.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2011, 20:58   #2
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age
Re: Quoted speed V actual speed.

What marketing course did you go on today?

But yeah, Virgin to tend to provide higher download speeds that get much closer to the claimed maximum speed than other providers. But of course just download speed does not a great connection make, and Virgin are lacking in plenty of other areas.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 19:57   #3
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

like ?

Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 23:25   #4
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Jitter, contention, customer services, shoddy CPE, laughable billing mistakes....
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 00:10   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Traffic shaping, traffic management, arbitrary undisclosed usage limits, etc.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 06:49   #6
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

fingers in ears ... la la la la la la la la la
Old 17-08-2011, 07:37   #7
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

I suspect a lot of VM customers are more concerned with the position of the finger(s) of the Superhub firmware developer(s) than yours and just when it will be unplugged.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 07:48   #8
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
I suspect a lot of VM customers are more concerned with the position of the finger(s) of the Superhub firmware developer(s) than yours and just when it will be unplugged.
I think that's thumb and arse actually ..
Old 17-08-2011, 08:05   #9
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

I think you're right but I didn't want to upset the mods
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote