Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I've cocked it up

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I've cocked it up

Old 03-07-2011, 11:14   #1
TuesdayWildchild
Inactive

Location: started life in Kent moved to Lincolnshire then Bedfordshire back to Lincs next who knows.
Services: Virgin phone,tv,internet, 2 virgin moblies. Freeview, Wii,Sky freeview,moblie satalite system.
TuesdayWildchild is an unknown quantity at this point
I've cocked it up

Hi you clever buch of nice peeps.

I am new to this superhub thingy and have changed the password and username but if a fit of stupidity cant find it writen down

Please please please help me

I,ve pushed the reset in hope this would clear it but no so how do ~I reset to factory setting please.

sure this won't tax you clever peeps to much on a sunday

Thanks for your advice
TuesdayWildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: I've cocked it up

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...ICLE_ID=345041
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If you press the reset button on the bottom of the back of the hub, this should reset it to default username admin with the password changeme

(this is to allow access to the hub menus - wifi is different, but you can set that up once you access the menus.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Sounds like you were not holding the reset long enough.. needs to be 20+ seconds
Old 03-07-2011, 11:30   #5
TuesdayWildchild
Inactive

Location: started life in Kent moved to Lincolnshire then Bedfordshire back to Lincs next who knows.
Services: Virgin phone,tv,internet, 2 virgin moblies. Freeview, Wii,Sky freeview,moblie satalite system.
TuesdayWildchild is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kymmy

your link didn't work but have found the reset info by looking at the link direction.

now to give it a go.

back in a mo

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Slow down slow down

so many ideas

right will hold it longer first

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Thankyou very very much

You are indeed peeps of enlightenment
TuesdayWildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Link works fine for me anyone else?

Here's the text from the artice
Quote:
Resetting the Super Hub

1. Look at the side of Super Hub, where the Power light is.

2. Above the Power light, you will see a pinhole marked 'RESET'. Use a paper clip to press the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds.

3. The Super Hub should now revert to its factory default settings – the same as those listed on the information panel on the back of the device.

4. We recommend that you now turn off the power to the Super Hub for 60 seconds and then turn it back on.

Once the reset is complete and the Super Hub has been restarted, you will need to set up any previously connected computers or devices to reconnect to the wireless network.

Here are our guides on how to make a wireless connection to the Super Hub on various Operating Systems.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:46   #7
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

It will work for you, because you were logged in to the VM web site when you copied the link. You should log out and then copy the link to the page if it is available to guests, perhaps then the rest of us could avoid the VM error screen but I'm not sure. Try it.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:48   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

I got this message
Quote:
The following error occurred:

Error:Your web template session has expired. Please login again.
Might be because I was accessing it from an iPad.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 13:13   #9
ScottSilver
Inactive

Services: 100Mbit Broadband, XL Telephone
ScottSilver is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I got this message

Might be because I was accessing it from an iPad.....
I get that too on Chrome. I believe the link we're looking for is in-fact: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/v...A-534B2E9E69CE
ScottSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 13:30   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
It will work for you, because you were logged in to the VM web site when you copied the link. You should log out and then copy the link to the page if it is available to guests, perhaps then the rest of us could avoid the VM error screen but I'm not sure. Try it.
Strange as it's impossible for me to log in being a business user

It'll be because it's a session created via a search
Old 03-07-2011, 13:50   #11
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MEZONE_OFFSET=
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote