Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 10mb > 30mb upgrade cost!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

10mb > 30mb upgrade cost!

Old 26-02-2011, 23:05   #1
Web-Junkie
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB
Web-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpack
10mb > 30mb upgrade cost!

Just out of curiosity, how much is it per month to go to 30mb + one off costs?

I only have 10mb BB (L) now and pay £20 p/m. Just tried the upgrade page to see but no prices were given (said someone would call back in 48hours) and it stated the superhub was £0.00 one off charge!!

What's the REAL cost from those who know!
Web-Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2011, 23:19   #2
pabs
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD TV, VM 10Mb Broadband and XL Phone.
pabs is on a distinguished roadpabs is on a distinguished road
Re: 10mb > 30mb upgrade cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web-Junkie View Post
Just out of curiosity, how much is it per month to go to 30mb + one off costs?

I only have 10mb BB (L) now and pay £20 p/m. Just tried the upgrade page to see but no prices were given (said someone would call back in 48hours) and it stated the superhub was £0.00 one off charge!!

What's the REAL cost from those who know!
Extra £5 per month and a one off £30 charge me thinks.
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 23:51   #3
Web-Junkie
Inactive

Web-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpack

Bear in mind I don't have a Virgin phoneline or TV now, I went SKY months ago but kept VM's 10Mb broadband, so will that impact the price or will it just be £25 p/m regardless + £30 activation fee and a new 12 month contract (or is it 18 month now?).
Old 27-02-2011, 00:14   #4
pabs
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD TV, VM 10Mb Broadband and XL Phone.
pabs is on a distinguished roadpabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bear in mind I don't have a Virgin phoneline or TV now, I went SKY months ago but kept VM's 10Mb broadband, so will that impact the price or will it just be £25 p/m regardless + £30 activation fee and a new 12 month contract (or is it 18 month now?).
Oh ok, without the phoneline you will probably still have the one off £30 charge and pay £28.50 per month, should be a 12 month contract. Maybe someone else could shed light on this.
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 00:36   #5
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

£23.50 without a phone line. 12mth contract.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-30mb.html

You'd still have to pay £30 activation as an existing customer.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 01:17   #6
Web-Junkie
Inactive

Read further down it says £23.50 for the first 3 months THEN £28.50pm, and that page implies (to me anyway) going from 20mb to 30mb. It gets more confusing when the box that says "Different ways to get 30mb Broadband" and you look at "On its own" which has a * at the side of the £28.50 and you see the * and read "Plus a Virgin Phoneline for £12.99 a month"

I'm confused.com
Old 27-02-2011, 04:59   #7
ceedee
cf.geek

Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm confused.com
You think you're confused?

I currently pay £32.24 for XL + phone: upgrading to the faster speed (and higher stm limits) would save me 75p/month...

Anyone know if I'll be able to dump the surplus VM phone (mid-contract) at the same time and save £3.74/mth?

The big #fail for VM was the decision to go with a single modem/router. Especially as the firmware is less than fully functional...
/my2p
ceedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 07:39   #8
smallethic
Inactive

smallethic is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I ordered such an upgrade two weeks ago. I was told over the phone (twice) that my monthly cost of £20.25 would be unchanged and I would only have to pay £30. Virgin's letter 11 days later said a 12 month contract, £30 AND £28.50 a month. I refused to accept the the Superhub when it came the following day and aborted the contract.
smallethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 08:09   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallethic View Post
Well, I ordered such an upgrade two weeks ago. I was told over the phone (twice) that my monthly cost of £20.25 would be unchanged and I would only have to pay £30. Virgin's letter 11 days later said a 12 month contract, £30 AND £28.50 a month. I refused to accept the the Superhub when it came the following day and aborted the contract.
It does come with a 12 month contract, as for the increase in the monthly charge did you ring up and complain.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 09:16   #10
smallethic
Inactive

smallethic is an unknown quantity at this point

I did indeed ring up and complain, to both customer service and retentions. They were both polite, agreed that their file recorded that I had been given assurances about no change to the price, but were inflexible - despite me being a customer since 2002. I understand that the terms are as they say but am irritated that one cannot rely upon the word of their representative when ordering , and that customer loyalty counts for nothing with Virgin.
smallethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 09:16   #11
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Why should an existing customer of long standing have to pay a £30 activation fee to change to a faster internet speed ?
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 09:55   #12
Adi
Inactive

Services: 30Mb BB that is'nt
Adi is an unknown quantity at this point

Had mine delivered on Friday. £28.50 + £30 activation and new 12 month contract,
Adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 10:19   #13
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Why should an existing customer of long standing have to pay a £30 activation fee to change to a faster internet speed ?
why should you get it for free ?

It covers some of the cost of the equipment and admin.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 10:25   #14
Draag
Inactive

Draag is an unknown quantity at this point

DONT DO IT

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ub/td-p/339615

WAIT UNTIL IT WORKS
Draag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 10:28   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draag View Post
Mine is working fine and has done for the last 16 days since install.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote