Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub - are you happy with it ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub - are you happy with it ?
View Poll Results: Are you happy with the Superhub
Yes 39 57.35%
No 29 42.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2011, 20:10   #1
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age
Superhub - are you happy with it ?

Loads of threads talking about the Superhub, so not interested in details.

Just looking for yes or no via the poll please.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2011, 20:15   #2
c@tbyte
cf.member

c@tbyte is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub - are you happy with it ?

Voted yes.
Not had a single problem.
c@tbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 20:45   #3
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Voted no. Multitude of problems discussed at length not to be regurgitated here.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 21:18   #4
DerekRothwell
Inactive

Services: Sky BB at almost dial-up speeds Crap TV (no iplayers) Average phone (unlimited) and all this for
DerekRothwell is on a distinguished roadDerekRothwell is on a distinguished road

I'll let you know if the bugger ever arrives
DerekRothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 22:02   #5
allanprg
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Superhub 30mb, Digital tv & phone
allanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really nice

I voted yes. No problem with my one.
allanprg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 22:48   #6
Xan
Inactive

Xan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the rough

No probs here allways 10/10 for virginmedia broadband
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 22:49   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

It works for me no problems since install 9 days ago.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 22:51   #8
StevenJohnson
Inactive

StevenJohnson is an unknown quantity at this point

Voted NO!

Wireless has issues...
StevenJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 23:30   #9
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Yes or No with no shades of grey?

Well it's usable but has far too many 'niggles' the most serious of which is the wireless performance.

So I have had to vote No!
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 00:19   #10
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Although I voted yes, there are times when it can be "Super" (pardon the pun) annoying.
Tonight it's been playing up as it keeps disconnecting my mobile phone and other devices at random times.

But I'm still happy with it, I had to get it due to my dead NETGEAR otherwise I'd be wouldn't be able to use wireless
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 01:03   #11
joveonmars
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100, VHD Size M+ & Phone Size M
joveonmars is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
keeps disconnecting my mobile phone and other devices at random times
The DHCP lease time is set very short by default under LAN IP in advanced. When it expires it disconnects you then you aquire a new network address which takes time. I've set mine to 604800 seconds (1 week).

No problems for me so Yes
joveonmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 01:11   #12
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveonmars View Post
The DHCP lease time is set very short by default under LAN IP in advanced. When it expires it disconnects you then you aquire a new network address which takes time. I've set mine to 604800 seconds (1 week).
No offense but this doesn't function as an excuse, in my opinion. I have almost every device on my network given a static DHCP addresse with a whopping ten minutes of lease time. Not once has this been a problem on computer, phone, Xbox or even Sony TV with ethernet port. This is on a freely available third party firmware. Obviously this points at a severe problem with DHCP leases on the Super Hub. Throw it on the pile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
But I'm still happy with it, I had to get it due to my dead NETGEAR otherwise I'd be wouldn't be able to use wireless
Once again no offense, but saying that the Super Hub is better than a dead router made by the same company is perhaps the faintest praise I've ever heard bestowed upon a piece of technology.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 01:45   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
Once again no offense, but saying that the Super Hub is better than a dead router made by the same company is perhaps the faintest praise I've ever heard bestowed upon a piece of technology.
Haha, this actually made me laugh.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 06:54   #14
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Yes or No with no shades of grey?

Well it's usable but has far too many 'niggles' the most serious of which is the wireless performance.

So I have had to vote No!

Any doubts at all, its a NO, no if's or buts.

Seems (strangely) considering the audience, that it's not all that hated ..
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 08:34   #15
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Voted "No", the wireless performance is below par even when comparing to very cheap hardware, port forwarding doesn't always work, plus DMZ can fall over if ports are being used on other devices.

That aside its been OK
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote