Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
15-08-2010, 17:23
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
|
Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Liverpool V Arsenal, half time Sky Sports 1 starts going blocky and disappears!!! All other channels seem ok except Sky Sports 3, same symptoms. Same fault on both our V+ and V boxes. Powered off/on still the same. Phoned support and the guy logged into my box and did something that restored the picture to about 95% but picture still blocky on both 511 & 513. The annoying thing is the only reason I fork out for the Sport channels is for my son and missus to watch the occasional footbal match. Arrrggghhhh. Can I get some compensation, they missed the 2nd half completely?
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 17:40
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warrington
Age: 35
Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
Posts: 38
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
I was watching in HD but flicked over to SS1 to show the quality difference to a friend and I had no problems.
Sounds a little weird. I'd give them a ring and ask for some form of compensation, can't hurt can it ;-)
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 17:43
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommoz
Liverpool V Arsenal, half time Sky Sports 1 starts going blocky and disappears!!! All other channels seem ok except Sky Sports 3, same symptoms. Same fault on both our V+ and V boxes. Powered off/on still the same. Phoned support and the guy logged into my box and did something that restored the picture to about 95% but picture still blocky on both 511 & 513. The annoying thing is the only reason I fork out for the Sport channels is for my son and missus to watch the occasional footbal match. Arrrggghhhh. Can I get some compensation, they missed the 2nd half completely?
|
What area are you in?
We have no headend issues at the moment that could cause anything like that.
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 17:49
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC
I was watching in HD but flicked over to SS1 to show the quality difference to a friend and I had no problems.
Sounds a little weird. I'd give them a ring and ask for some form of compensation, can't hurt can it ;-)
|
£1?
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 17:59
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warrington
Age: 35
Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
Posts: 38
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Every little helps :-P
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 18:57
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Got a similar issue here in Bolton. Not sure if it went off at exactly 5pm but it would have been around then. I was watching Sky Sports 1 HD at the time (half time) and it suddenly popped up saying: "Looks like you've inserted the wrong SmartCard for this box...".
Checked around and I've lost most of the channels I've checked. Only ones I seem to have are the tradtional terrestrial channels and a few freeview ones (BBC3, BBC4, ITV2+1 - strangely not ITV2 lol). I'm still getting the same error message on those channels which are working but the picture starts working in the background. The rest of the channels don't work at all (black screen).
Ringing 151 does bring up an automated message that there is a national problem with people having missing channels. So I guess all we can do is wait.
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 19:46
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjs37
Got a similar issue here in Bolton. Not sure if it went off at exactly 5pm but it would have been around then. I was watching Sky Sports 1 HD at the time (half time) and it suddenly popped up saying: "Looks like you've inserted the wrong SmartCard for this box...".
Checked around and I've lost most of the channels I've checked. Only ones I seem to have are the tradtional terrestrial channels and a few freeview ones (BBC3, BBC4, ITV2+1 - strangely not ITV2 lol). I'm still getting the same error message on those channels which are working but the picture starts working in the background. The rest of the channels don't work at all (black screen).
Ringing 151 does bring up an automated message that there is a national problem with people having missing channels. So I guess all we can do is wait.
|
A different issue to the OP though. What error message are you getting 1007? You need to call in and get your card re-hit.
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 19:50
|
#8
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC
I was watching in HD but flicked over to SS1 to show the quality difference to a friend and I had no problems.
Sounds a little weird. I'd give them a ring and ask for some form of compensation, can't hurt can it ;-)
|
You would only get compensation for a complete loss of service and not a single channel and even it was over 24 hours then it would be the monthly rate divided by 30 so if you were paying £15 that would equate to 50p.
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 19:54
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warrington
Age: 35
Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
Posts: 38
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque
You would only get compensation for a complete loss of service and not a single channel and even it was over 24 hours then it would be the monthly rate divided by 30 so if you were paying £15 that would equate to 50p.
|
Fair enough, thanks for the info
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 20:01
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
A different issue to the OP though. What error message are you getting 1007? You need to call in and get your card re-hit.
|
Very coincidental timing then lol. Looking at the kickoff time for the match puts half time (when my problem started) at 4.45pm-5pm and my problem hit shortly before the second half was due to start so very close to the 5pm mentioned in the OP.
The error that gets quoted is 3009 but as I said in my first post there is an automated message (151 > Faults > TV) saying: "Some customers nationally are experiencing some missing channels..." and then mentions the 1007 and 3009 error codes and says they are working on the problem. I did speak with someone for a while and did the usual things (removing card, rebooting, unplugging and counting to 10) but it had no affect at all. He wanted to send an engineer out on Tuesday but due to that automated message I told him I'll wait and see if it resolves itself.
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 20:40
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Thanks for your replies, I'm in Stevenage, Hertfordshore and this is the first time I've experienced this problem, sods law it happens in the middle of the one match my family had been waiting months for! The error message I got was programme not available ..error 5300 (They were the numbers, maybe not in that order!)
Anyhow it's working fine now. Give him his due, the chap on the phone was very sympathetic and helpful, he logged into my V+box and did something that nearly restored SS1 back to normal. Out of curiosity, from a techie point of view, what would he, could he have done?
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 20:47
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjs37
Very coincidental timing then lol. Looking at the kickoff time for the match puts half time (when my problem started) at 4.45pm-5pm and my problem hit shortly before the second half was due to start so very close to the 5pm mentioned in the OP.
The error that gets quoted is 3009 but as I said in my first post there is an automated message (151 > Faults > TV) saying: "Some customers nationally are experiencing some missing channels..." and then mentions the 1007 and 3009 error codes and says they are working on the problem. I did speak with someone for a while and did the usual things (removing card, rebooting, unplugging and counting to 10) but it had no affect at all. He wanted to send an engineer out on Tuesday but due to that automated message I told him I'll wait and see if it resolves itself.
|
Yeah, we had an issue earlier that caused this on your head-end (Baguley) for some customers.. what you need is a FS Hit to your card. The announcement should be removed now.
---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommoz
Thanks for your replies, I'm in Stevenage, Hertfordshore and this is the first time I've experienced this problem, sods law it happens in the middle of the one match my family had been waiting months for! The error message I got was programme not available ..error 5300 (They were the numbers, maybe not in that order!)
Anyhow it's working fine now. Give him his due, the chap on the phone was very sympathetic and helpful, he logged into my V+box and did something that nearly restored SS1 back to normal. Out of curiosity, from a techie point of view, what would he, could he have done?
|
he'll of checked your signal levels on the boxes.
|
|
|
15-08-2010, 23:01
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
|
Re: Anybody lose Sky1 & Sky 3 at 1700 today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
Yeah, we had an issue earlier that caused this on your head-end (Baguley) for some customers.. what you need is a FS Hit to your card. The announcement should be removed now.
|
Nah the announcements still there lol (well checked at half 10 - only just posted though) . I'll wait for the film I'm watching to finish then try ringing again to speak to someone (though I'd be surprised if the lines still open at this time so guess it'll be tomorrow evening). Thanks for the tip though.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:23.
|