Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any Problems in Lincoln? - My 50MB down

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Any Problems in Lincoln? - My 50MB down

Old 30-05-2010, 16:16   #1
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
Any Problems in Lincoln? - My 50MB down

Hi,

Currently my 50MB is down in the Lincoln LN6 area.
I phone support (offshore), they said there no problems in the area.
So they booked a tech for Tuesday morning.

Was just wondering if anyone else is down in Lincoln?

Net, was ok this morning, and slowed down, so I rebooted and, the ready light was flashing since then.

Virgin status page says it is ok as well.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2010, 16:23   #2
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai
Re: Any Problems in Lincoln? - My 50MB down

Hi Gaz, I'm OK in LN1. But I'm only 20Mb so maybe it's different hardware?
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 16:36   #3
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the reply

Look at the error log of the modem.

I am getting the below errors
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
B-INIT-RNG Failure- Retires exceeded

Top 2 more often then the 3rd one
Old 30-05-2010, 17:29   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am on 50mbit and in LN6 and everything is fine my end dude. Just ran a speed test and I am getting full up and down
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 17:57   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Could well be a local issue, we are in tomorrow so give us a call if still not happy.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 20:30   #6
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Internet back up, but running slow.
Download: 14.96 Mb/s
Upload: 1.65 Mb/s

Download is going up and down between 3Mb/s and 21Mb/s

So see how it goes, till the morning and if still slow phone up 50Mb team and see what they have to say.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Things seem to be back to normal now

Will cancel tech tomorrow, once I have check it in the morning.
Old 30-05-2010, 20:33   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Probably a localised issue which appears to have been fixed, give it to around midday before calling just in case.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:33   #8
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Just got off the phone with VM 50MB team, as my speed have dropped (between 3-10Mb).

There is a signal issue, which it pretty bad, so they rasied a ticket.
He also said about some underline problems as well.

I have to say the 50MB team are great
Old 01-06-2010, 18:04   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

weird, I would have thought me and you would be connecting to the same box/thing in Lincoln given our postcodes and I havent had any probs at all
Old 01-06-2010, 23:15   #10
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Any Problems in Lincoln? - My 50MB down

You could be off a different node and be on a different card on the ubr
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56   #11
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

It is down again

Just phone VM got offshore call center, they say it could be due to the same problem, low signal and should be fix by the 10th. They can't send out a tech as the low signal is still on the system. This all started on the 30th May and it now 6th June. UK call center said it should be fixed within 5 days, at most.

But I find that hard to believe as we had lighting and thunder last night and up to then it was fine 50Mb spot on. Now all I got is a flashing ready light.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Gaz View Post
It is down again

Just phone VM got offshore call center, they say it could be due to the same problem, low signal and should be fix by the 10th. They can't send out a tech as the low signal is still on the system. This all started on the 30th May and it now 6th June. UK call center said it should be fixed within 5 days, at most.

But I find that hard to believe as we had lighting and thunder last night and up to then it was fine 50Mb spot on. Now all I got is a flashing ready light.
Call in the morning as today you will only get offshore.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:57   #13
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

It is backup now.
So maybe it is, still a signal issue.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:00   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I'd still ring UK support to check it out.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 17:15   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

they always makes up crap. Last time there was a national outage I rang the offshore call center (before they obviously heard about it) and they had the nerve to tell me that they had run a line test and everything was alright up and till the modem therefore it is my pc which is at fault and I must have a virus.

The good news is that although they don't know what the fault it atm, it if it as a result of lightning you can pretty much guarantee they are on to it and it will be fixed in the next couple of days.