Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | So i paid the virgin bill, after sevices were suspended and..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

So i paid the virgin bill, after sevices were suspended and..

Old 02-05-2010, 20:19   #1
Danny C 2k
Inactive

Danny C 2k is an unknown quantity at this point
So i paid the virgin bill, after sevices were suspended and..

Now when i try to log onto xbox live, i get an error saying my mtu isnt 1364 or higher?
Should i wait a while (i paid it at 1930)? I paid it by DD and it went through right away so i think the net should be back up.

Daniel
Danny C 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2010, 20:23   #2
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age
Re: So i paid the virgin bill, after sevices were suspended and..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny C 2k View Post
Now when i try to log onto xbox live, i get an error saying my mtu isnt 1364 or higher?
Should i wait a while (i paid it at 1930)? I paid it by DD and it went through right away so i think the net should be back up.

Daniel
19.30 today vm office not open till tuesday
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 20:35   #3
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Hmmmm... I'm no expert but mtu doesn't necessarily mean you haven't got a connection

It is an interchangeable setting to do with the network adaptor on whater device you are using

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Have no idea how to change it on an xbox though

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Others have had this issue too recently. Danny have you checked there are no faults in your area. Derby has had a fault today which has made the connection unreliable but still useable

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Are connected direcly to modem or through router. If the latter what model router is it, you may be able to change the MTU setting
musicbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 20:36   #4
Danny C 2k
Inactive

Danny C 2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
On the ebill site it does say that 'amount due' is 0.00 and payment was received?
Danny C 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 20:36   #5
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Check service status 08005610061
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 20:43   #6
vanman
cf.mega poster

vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
On the ebill site it does say that 'amount due' is 0.00 and payment was received?
so are you using you vm internet to write on here if so you have a connection
Old 02-05-2010, 22:16   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
They will be open tomorrow Monday as we do not close on Bank Holidays.

If you paid at 1930 online you will have to wait for the payment to be processed by the banks and up to 24 hours for your broadband to go back online.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 00:36   #8
vanman
cf.mega poster

look,s like this customer knows how long it takes not the first time
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34...l#post34840306
Old 03-05-2010, 09:55   #9
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

it can take up to 5 days for a online payment to go through and 24hrs for the services to fully resume, if you pay by card over the automated serv then it will take max of 48hrs.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:59   #10
GordonD
Inactive

Services: TV XL, BB XXL & Telephone
GordonD is on a distinguished roadGordonD is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Daniel
If you pay by DD surely they wouldn't cut you off? Or do you mean you paid by Debit Card?

My suggestion would be to pay on time to prevent further service interruption, VM (as do any other company) only do this as a last resort.
GordonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05   #11
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

a payment made by debit card will go through immediately and will normally result in reconnection in a couple of hours ,CS will advise upto 24 hr, payment via any other form (apart from DD) will take 3-4 working days