Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Intermiitent loss of internet and V+ dropouts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Intermiitent loss of internet and V+ dropouts

Old 12-04-2010, 09:44   #1
Crypto
cf.member

Services: Broadband L (30Mb) TV M+ Phone M
Crypto is an unknown quantity at this point
Intermiitent loss of internet and V+ dropouts

On 3 seperate occaisions now I've lost my internet connection for a couple of days, booked an engineer's visit only to have the problem sort itself out, thus cancelling visit.

The loss of internet connection is accompanied by a flashing light on the V+box and re-booting from time to time.

Each time I phone India and they keep trying to fault find my modem, when I mention the V+ box failure they say it's unconnected and I have to talk to somebody else in "television"

Other people in the street are unaffected and my guess is that I have a dodgy connection somewhere from the street box to my house. The engineer is coming tomorrow, what should I expect him to do? As it's an intermittent fault I don't want him to just stick a new modem in and for the fault to return in a couple of weeks.

What should I expect?
Crypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2010, 13:46   #2
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age
Re: Intermiitent loss of internet and V+ dropouts

I had exactly the same thing last night. Could get internet and the VOD wouldn't work either on the TV. This morning all is fine though. Its only started happening on and off since early March.
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 13:53   #3
Crypto
cf.member

Services: Broadband L (30Mb) TV M+ Phone M
Crypto is an unknown quantity at this point

Update:

Good tech came out (older bloke), listened to the syptoms and went straight out to the roadside cabinet. Adjusted up and downstream thingies and now all sortyed. Took him 5 minutes.

Hope it lasts.
Crypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 14:24   #4
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Its happened to me again on and off (mainly during the evenings) for a couple of nights... I hope the same thing happens if I have to phone.
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote