Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Deals are for existing customers too? 50mb for £28?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Deals are for existing customers too? 50mb for £28?

Old 28-02-2010, 21:05   #1
cypher_soundz
Inactive

cypher_soundz is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Deals are for existing customers too? 50mb for £28?

Hi guys,

Currently i have 10mb broadband, for which i am paying £25 a month, i also have phone and analogue tv, i looked at the thread here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...-packages.html and i see i could be getting XXL 50MB broadband for only £3 extra a month (£28) and maybe 2 months free, compared to the £25 i am currently paying for broadband 5 times slower!

If these deals do not apply then does anyone know how much it would cost for 50mb for existing customers? i tried to find out via the site but there is no mention.

I will be ditching the TV package soon and will be just having the phone and broadband from virgin.

Thanks in advance
cyph
cypher_soundz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2010, 21:17   #2
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Deals are for existing customers too??? 50mb for £28?

i have 50meg and as far as i am aware yes the deals are the same for new and old customers ,my bill shows £45 for xxl but by the time that all the discounts have been applied it is £28 ,i don't pretend to understand the discount system but they are different depending on the services you have .It may be that you will pay slightly more if you drop the tv package

maybe one of the vm employees on this forum can give you better information
Old 28-02-2010, 21:18   #3
Tony.
Inactive

Services: Triple XL (Phone,BB & TV) Samsung V+HD(30 meg Superhub)
Tony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud of

The Bundle Builder won't let me remove the TV element So the closest I could get was

Quote:
then £33.50 a month*

12 month contract
Add to basket
*When you take a Virgin phone line for £11 a month
This is for XXL BB, M Phone and M+TV total £44.50 per month (remember prices going up soon) HTH

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...e-builder.html
Tony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 22:56   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The £28 price for XXL is after discounts. It shows on the bill as £45 - at least a £17 discount
Old 28-02-2010, 23:24   #5
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

ben, do you think there could be a possibilty of savings if i ring. i have 10m bb, xl tv and l phone. I am also paying £10 a month for V+ total of £59.50? looking at the builder link posted above that should only be £46.95 per month.
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 00:36   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The main difference is the V+ cost. You can pay a one off fee of £75 to remove the £10 monthly charge
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00   #7
SmartMart
Inactive

SmartMart is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that in addition to the installation charge?

Regards .....
SmartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:04   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Re: Deals are for existing customers too? 50mb for £28?

Yes, the conversion fee to move to current V+ pricing structure and remove the £10 v+ service fee on XL is in addition to any install fee that was paid before June 2007 when the V+ was installed
Old 01-03-2010, 14:14   #9
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

i rang this morning and changed my bb to xl, that allowed me to pay the £75 (they wanted £150 if i didnt change package) for the V+ and remove the £10 monthly charge also got the free router which saves me buying another 1 as my current is struggling with 2 laptops and my pc connecting at the same time. £55 is my new charge. BB was upgraded instantly as well!
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 20:58   #10
dylanuk
Inactive

Services: 50mbit XXL Broadband On Linux, Ubuntu Virgin TV XL Freeview DVB-T Motorized Satellite TV System
dylanuk is an unknown quantity at this point

On MY Bill It says XXL Broadband 45.00 a month would be better if it was 28 really will have a word when 12months is up to retentions department as customer services never seem to give you a good deal
dylanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 16:59   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanuk View Post
On MY Bill It says XXL Broadband 45.00 a month
It will always show as £45, you then get a £17 discount to make it £28
Old 06-03-2010, 17:26   #12
BlackAle
Inactive

Services: 10mbit VM Cable
BlackAle will become famous soon enoughBlackAle will become famous soon enoughBlackAle will become famous soon enough

Was going to upgrade from 20mb to 50mb. Though after speaking to VM today, they've quoted £35 installation charge, plus £30 '50mb setup fee', I told them to forget it.
BlackAle is offline   Reply With Quote