Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1471 and 1571 together

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

1471 and 1571 together

Old 13-02-2010, 12:51   #1
shooey
Inactive

shooey is an unknown quantity at this point
1471 and 1571 together

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I have the free 1571 service enabled, and I'm perfectly happy with it... except, when people hangup without leaving a message, the id of the caller is not recorded on 1471, which is incredibly annoying! I'm sure it's not like this for non-cable phones. So...

- can anyone suggest any workarounds? I realise I could get my own answerphone, but would prefer not to do this, as it means having yet another device plugged in all time.

- if I had caller id enabled (assuming it's available in ST1?) would I at least be able to see who was calling if I managed to look at the phone before the voicemail kicked in?

Thanks
shooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2010, 13:22   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: 1471 and 1571 together

You've answered your own question

Get caller display which will keep a record of all calls

or

get your own answerphone.

I don't know whether it works the same on BT?

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

From BT:

Quote:
Does BT 1471 (Caller Return) update when a call is answered by BT Answer 1571?
BT 1471 will update in the normal way if:

BT Answer 1571 picks up the call when there is no reply
you have Call Waiting active and are engaged on a call but choose not to take the second call
However, please note that 1471 will not update if a call switches to BT Answer 1571 when the line is busy.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 14:30   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

In most cases I would image VM is the same - afaik, their digital exchanges are basically the same technology.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 21:07   #4
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

In the ex-NTL areas the advanced voicemail service reads out the telephone number of every message left. Plus allows up to 30 messages to be saved and has much better options than the Telewest advanced voicemail.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote