Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | modem loosing connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

modem loosing connection

Old 02-02-2010, 04:05   #1
deakin
cf.addict

deakin will become famous soon enoughdeakin will become famous soon enoughdeakin will become famous soon enough
modem loosing connection

Hello

From what i can tell between the hours of 2am and 4am monday to friday my ambit 255 seems to loose it's connection.
it's not a big deal really as all it takes to fix the problem is for me to power off the modem,wait 30 secs and then power back on again.
But it is stopping me doing all my downloads overnight as i'm not allways there to keep an eye on it.
I have checked the signal/power levels all seems to be fine on that front also try'd on two different machines
and a laptop all connected directly to the modem as i don't even own a router and still the same dropouts.

What really puzzling me is why only mondays to fridays ? could this be some type of virgin tech maintenance.
I have ask'd the guys on the helpline but they could not figure out why this is happening.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.
deakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26   #2
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: modem loosing connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakin View Post
Hello

From what i can tell between the hours of 2am and 4am monday to friday my ambit 255 seems to loose it's connection.
it's not a big deal really as all it takes to fix the problem is for me to power off the modem,wait 30 secs and then power back on again.
But it is stopping me doing all my downloads overnight as i'm not allways there to keep an eye on it.
I have checked the signal/power levels all seems to be fine on that front also try'd on two different machines
and a laptop all connected directly to the modem as i don't even own a router and still the same dropouts.

What really puzzling me is why only mondays to fridays ? could this be some type of virgin tech maintenance.
I have ask'd the guys on the helpline but they could not figure out why this is happening.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.
Although you say the power levels are ok, it might be worth you still posting them, just in case you've missed something.

Maybe a copy of the modem logs would indicate more precisely what's actually happening to make you loose connection
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:03   #3
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads
Re: modem loosing connection

Have you got it running through a wireless router? i had a problem like that but it turned out it was just my wireless router being faulty that was causing the modem to drop signal as soon as i was downloading anything big
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote