Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Router flashing ready light

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Router flashing ready light

Old 08-01-2010, 07:25   #1
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Router flashing ready light

Hi i'm posting from my slowwww phone so please excuse the fact i haven't searched for an answer.

At midnight my internet cut out and i've tried rebooting the modem but the ready light won't stop flashing. Can anyone tell me if there's anything on the virgin status thingy for DL area please .

If not, is there any way to sort this myself?

Thanks!
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2010, 07:37   #2
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Router flashing ready light

There are some bb issues on the site, but nothing specific to your region ATM
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:50   #3
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Dammit! Lol- thank you for checking.

Now i'm thinking it could be that my outside wires are a mess cos they hadn't fixed them to the wall properly and 'a' dog has chewed them. :.
The tv guy said they will probably charge for repair as they get a lot of dog chewage apparently. Does anyone know how much that's likely to be? Are we talking 3 figures?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:15   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I would just call 151 from a Virgin phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone and just tell them that the is no connection and if they send an engineer and the is damage they should just fix it.

If a dog has chewed it then it has not been protected properly and therefore the should be no charges made against you.

Do not even mention your suspicions that a dog may have chewed the cable.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:41   #5
Pia
Inactive

Thanks Mol i'll do that shortly. Am expecting the midwife this morning and expect Virgin will keep me on the phone for ages 'diagnosing' so have been putting it off.
The tv guy said sometimes dogs pull them off the wall themselves hence the charges, but that wasn't the case here as i knew when it was installed it wasn't tacked in places i just failed to do anything about it cos i still had my services working hope they can send someone out quickly though i expect it'll be next week now anyway :-(
Old 08-01-2010, 17:22   #6
Pia
Inactive

Argh that was painful. His accent was really broad and the poor bloke had to repeat everything 3 times

He made me do all the annoying stuff that took ages that i'd already done, despite my protests at first Someone is coming out on Monday. Trust it to break on a Friday

Only slot was 8-12 so i asked if tech would ring me as i have to do the school run (tv tech did this last time) and he got a bit arsey and said i HAVE to be in at all times or i'll be charged. Think i talked him round in the end.

So just to know what to expect, will i have someone come and raise his eyebrows then come back to actually repair it in 3 weeks? Or will he have the gear to do it there and then?
Old 08-01-2010, 19:13   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

They should be able to do a temporary repair if required and a permanent one booked for a another day if required.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 20:04   #8
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
Argh that was painful. His accent was really broad and the poor bloke had to repeat everything 3 times

He made me do all the annoying stuff that took ages that i'd already done, despite my protests at first Someone is coming out on Monday. Trust it to break on a Friday

Only slot was 8-12 so i asked if tech would ring me as i have to do the school run (tv tech did this last time) and he got a bit arsey and said i HAVE to be in at all times or i'll be charged. Think i talked him round in the end.

So just to know what to expect, will i have someone come and raise his eyebrows then come back to actually repair it in 3 weeks? Or will he have the gear to do it there and then?

just keep cam off school it wont hurt one day lol oh and when your nets back take your hat off lol lol
Old 08-01-2010, 22:45   #9
Pia
Inactive

Oh nice one so back in business Monday then!

Zing i'm using Opera mini i bet i can change my pic from here. Brb 7 years while i see

I've had him off since Weds as it is even tho it reopened today! Has been nice not having to spend an hour stuck in snow traffic with him and a newborn!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:09   #10
Pia
Inactive

Techs have just been and they changed the wires inside the house and also the wires outside (he didn't even comment on the dog chewage lol).

All is well, internet was working fine. But after 5 mins or so the ready light starts flashing again and internet is dead

Tried plugging in the ethernet direct to my PC but it doesn't do anything, am i missing something? Rebooted modem again to post this, and obv all is well so far, but not sure what the crack is here. It's died 3 times since they left

Sat by the modem now and the sync light flashes occasionally and then ready goes off, but comes back on. Soon it'll start flashing and i'll need to reboot. Hmph.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:16   #11
zing_deleted

call em up sounds like there is somethine else amiss
Old 11-01-2010, 12:23   #12
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Agree with zing call them up and get techs back out.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 13:32   #13
Pia
Inactive

Super confused. Was using the wireless through my phone and was working fine, then as soon as i turned the laptop back on it wouldn't connect to internet, but is picking up the router fine. So tried repairing the connection and it errored at "clearing ARP cache" Checked router and it wasn't flashing this time but rebooted it anyway and now it's working again

Was scared to ring back in case it's my laptop or the router causing the problem but it can't be Will be ringing them back as suggested.

I've had the same modem for about 5 years, wish they'd give me a new one, i always have to reboot it (once every few days at the very least, sometimes more), but i just got used to it and assumed it was normal.
Old 11-01-2010, 13:34   #14
zing_deleted

its not normal
Old 11-01-2010, 17:40   #15
Pia
Inactive

Omfg. Been on phone to india for over 30 mins. I said all i want is the tech back out but no she insisted we go over her script.

Basically she reckons i do have internet access. She bases this on the fact that the ready light is on and steady. But what she totally ignored is when i told her the internet will work for 5 mins but then cuts out, and the ready light was STILL steady. So she blames my router, tells me to keep it connected to the PC for 24 hours and then ring back, and cuts me off!!!

Why should i wait a day just to discover that yes, it's STILL bloody broken??
It's not the flipping router it does it whether it's direct to laptop or not. All i want is the fella back out i'm fuming. I don't have time to spend another 30 mins on the phone going through the script when i've already done it all countless times before.

Any ideas before i cry? lol.