Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Another Virgin (Non) Installation Nightmare

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Another Virgin (Non) Installation Nightmare

Old 15-12-2009, 16:11   #1
matcruncher
Inactive

matcruncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Another Virgin (Non) Installation Nightmare

After having slow broadband download speeds with my Sky package, decided it was time to go for Virgin Media at 10mb.
As I was not fully convinced of all the hype, I decided to retain my full Sky package until I had sampled the 30day option with Virgin.
Made the advance payment, received the Welcome Package with the Installation date & time.
Lost a days pay whilst I stopped at home yesterday (14 Dec) eagerly awaiting the installation team.
Guess what - no one appeared.
Rang customer services this morning and after 18 minutes of waiting and being passed from dept to dept, advised that installation date had been rescheduled to 8th January 2010.
This was stated as being due to problems running the cable from the junction box further down the street.
I saw the cabling team rodding out the cable ducting outside my house over a week ago.
No contact whatsoever had been made by Virgin to advise me of any difficulties or rescheduling of the installation.
I am not prepared to do business with a company with such poor customer service and so have cancelled installation.
Will wait for BT’s FTTC.
Thank goodness I retained my Sky package –better the devil you know!!!!!
matcruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2009, 16:48   #2
morley04
Inactive

Services: 100MB, Tivo 1TB, V+HD and XL Phone
morley04 is on a distinguished roadmorley04 is on a distinguished road
Re: Another Virgin (Non) Installation Nightmare

Same happend to me but my other services are all canceled so im Screwed!
morley04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 17:16   #3
newbie1001
Inactive

newbie1001 is on a distinguished roadnewbie1001 is on a distinguished road

Ordered BT 09/12 activated 16/12
Ordered Sky HD 10/12 installed 18/12 (Could have had it as early as 14th but waited cause of phone line)
Ordered O2 Broadband 17/12 Activation date due on 23/12 Equipment shipped.

These are targets which Virgin should be comparing to. My Virgins not due for deactivation till mid January and i got these early in case of problems, My bad i guess.
newbie1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 20:40   #4
jcw00
cf.addict

jcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the rough

Not all areas have installation problems.

I ordered the V+ box.
Received a SMS message 48 hours before installation confirming data and time.
Engineer called mid morn saying he was running early and could do my installation before the PM appointment. As I had already returned home, he was here within 20 minutes.
Installation was perfect and full demo of the V+ service.

My services with Virgin have been excellent with only the service been down twice in the last 4 years. I would never move back to $KY and slow ADSL.
jcw00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 22:48   #5
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

I know people who have ordered VM and been installed a few hours later. No other company can beat that.

Unfortunately we are dealing with a property that has never had services, and there are often physical issues involved.

You should have been informed of the issues before install.
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 00:37   #6
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

My installation went perfect. Ordered BB & TV. Took 7 working days to get the date. a 3 man team arrived at 8AM, they dug up the lawn, etc etc and was out of the way by 8:25. Friendly etc etc. Couldnt be happier at the moment.

Looks like another case of someone joining just to rant and then never returns
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 11:22   #7
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcruncher View Post
After having slow broadband download speeds with my Sky package, decided it was time to go for Virgin Media at 10mb.
As I was not fully convinced of all the hype, I decided to retain my full Sky package until I had sampled the 30day option with Virgin.
Made the advance payment, received the Welcome Package with the Installation date & time.
Lost a days pay whilst I stopped at home yesterday (14 Dec) eagerly awaiting the installation team.
Guess what - no one appeared.
Rang customer services this morning and after 18 minutes of waiting and being passed from dept to dept, advised that installation date had been rescheduled to 8th January 2010.
This was stated as being due to problems running the cable from the junction box further down the street.
I saw the cabling team rodding out the cable ducting outside my house over a week ago.
No contact whatsoever had been made by Virgin to advise me of any difficulties or rescheduling of the installation.
I am not prepared to do business with a company with such poor customer service and so have cancelled installation.
Will wait for BT’s FTTC.
Thank goodness I retained my Sky package –better the devil you know!!!!!
Another reason not to have all your eggs in one basket, Virgin Media do not care with regard to inconveniencing people, which is why their reputation is somewhere in the gutter at the moment and branson has his work cut out to escavate it.
  Reply With Quote Received Warning