Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 10 meg slow, green box fiddle, coincidence?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

10 meg slow, green box fiddle, coincidence?

Old 21-11-2009, 20:49   #1
stewlewis
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, Basic TV, 2Mb Broadband.
stewlewis is on a distinguished roadstewlewis is on a distinguished road
10 meg slow, green box fiddle, coincidence?

I'm on 10MB BB and it's usually rock solid, never a blip.
For a week or so it's been up n down like a whores draws.

Long lag, long page delays, and connection at the PC just dropping out. Modem seems to stay up.

Down Receive Power : -4.4
Down SNR : 33.3

Up Trans Power : 58.5

Virgin badged 255 Modem.

Now. maybe, the coincience bit:
The Green Box is 2 houses down from me, and Thurs there was a chavscum parked on the kerb, headlights shining in the box and he was messing with something in the hammering down rain. He looked guilty as I got out of my car and leaned the green door back up and drove off. The green door is back inplace now.

Do VM 'own' the box and it's contents? I'd have no idea whom to report it to get it checked.

Newcastle under Lyme, ST5.
stewlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2009, 20:52   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: 10 meg slow, green box fiddle, coincidence?

Your Upstream is to high at 58 and requires an engineer visit anyway, so you can tell him if one gets booked.

Tech Support is open 24/7 on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 20:52   #3
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

VM own the box if there's a floor plate with CATV right by the box.

If ity's the VM box, there's your answer. Your SNR is rather low; your power levels indicate a struggle to overcome some issue in the circuit - the cabinet.

Call VM.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 21:11   #4
stewlewis
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, Basic TV, 2Mb Broadband.
stewlewis is on a distinguished roadstewlewis is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. I'll raise a call.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

He ran the tests, says its fine and anything unstable is local maintenance in the area.
Green box fiddler was probably a local engineer.

I'll see if it get more stable.
stewlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 22:55   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewlewis View Post
Thanks guys. I'll raise a call.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

He ran the tests, says its fine and anything unstable is local maintenance in the area.
Green box fiddler was probably a local engineer.

I'll see if it get more stable.
If it is no different on Monday call after 0800 to try and get a UK agent.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote