Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | dlink 615 ready for the bin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

dlink 615 ready for the bin

Old 24-10-2009, 21:26   #1
the1whosmokes
Inactive

the1whosmokes is an unknown quantity at this point
dlink 615 ready for the bin

Hi all my router has developed an illness symptons as follows.

bb down the cable line so no adsl!, worked till a few hours ago ive just rearranged my network around the house hooked up everything correctly!!!, bb works through modem so am able to connect.

Wireless dlink 615 router hooked up correctly but no lights bar the power light comes on.

1. have tried 3 different resets on router the soft touch hard touch and crash touch router will not reset or come on just power light.

2. been to the ip address in my browser thinking i can reset update ect from there but i keep knocking but its not letting me in.

3. from pc and laptop have run ipconfig just shows nothing connected no ip address altho everything is still hooked up and should be working perfectly.

4. have tried numoursly to shut router off wait then reboot to no avail.

Question is the router fried or am i missing something here?
the1whosmokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-10-2009, 21:29   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: dlink 615 ready for the bin

If its a Virgin supplied router phone Tech Support as it is obviously faulty
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 21:32   #3
the1whosmokes
Inactive

do you have a non premium telephone number for them please as i notice your on the payroll you might have a better contact than i.
Old 24-10-2009, 21:38   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1whosmokes View Post
do you have a non premium telephone number for them please as i notice your on the payroll you might have a better contact than i.
The only numbers that actually work are below.

Tech Support is open 24/7 on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

All the ones on here I believe now tell you to ring the above numbers http://www.saynoto0870.com/

If on a mobile ask them to call you back.
Old 24-10-2009, 21:38   #5
Tech_Boy
Inactive

Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Tech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpack

there is NO premium rate number, its 151 (free) from a VM land line or 0845 454 1111 via any other line.
Moldova beat me again ;-}
Tech_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 10:12   #6
jellyfish
Inactive

jellyfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1whosmokes View Post
gop to newsgroup

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

say your router is faulty and a new will be ordered

my WGR614V9 was faulty, posted on the newsgroup and one got delivered within 3 days so was very happy with service.
jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 11:34   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
gop to newsgroup

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

say your router is faulty and a new will be ordered

my WGR614V9 was faulty, posted on the newsgroup and one got delivered within 3 days so was very happy with service.
Here is the relevant link to help set it up.

Tech Support via Newsgroups.

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable is the one that you want to use and here is the set up link http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...ress-exntl.php
Old 25-10-2009, 18:32   #8
the1whosmokes
Inactive

Thanks for the link guys have posted message will await there response.