Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrade fail

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Upgrade fail

Old 12-10-2009, 18:04   #1
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice
Upgrade fail

I did have 20Mb BB and was very happy but, being greedy I decided to upgrade to 50Mb
The installer turned up about 2 this afternoon to inform me that they were out of stock of the router but he would upgrade me anyway and they would deliver the router later on in the week - not a good start.
He then installed the modem and rang up to get it activated.
When it didn't work he rang back to be told CFT is down and they couldn't activate my modem.
I am now without broadband.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2009, 21:00   #2
Pontiac
Inactive

Pontiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Upgrade fail

Just so you know, I had an upgrade on Saturday and although it all works correctly I was also told my router is to follow as it is out of stock.
Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 21:44   #3
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Router isn't a massive issue as your current router will work fine, although you won't get 50Mb over wireless g. But being left without internet really isn't acceptable; here's the complaint form: https://help2.virginmedia.com/assets...intformCZ.html
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 21:56   #4
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Unfortunate timing to be honest - they will credit you for the "downtime"
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 07:31   #5
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Credit me with the downtime? Yippee
After holding for 20 minutes last night I got put through to someone who tried to activate my modem, couldn't so tried to put me through to the 'dedicated 50Mb team'. I was, of course, cut off.
After phoning back and getting the waiting time is 20 minutes message I immediately got the 'we are to busy to take your call, phone back later' message and was cut off again.
I phoned back this morning and got told they still can't activate anything. That was, of course after the message about the fault in the Luton area telling me that was the situation at 4pm and would be updated at 8 pm.
If they do not get this sorted today I will be cancelling and going to Sky - I know their BB isn't as fast but at least they care about their customers.
Old 13-10-2009, 08:59   #6
davedarave01uk
Inactive

davedarave01uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know, If you go with Sky avoid Sky connect as you will be throttled to bits.
davedarave01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 21:19   #7
bbxxl
cf.addict

Apparently I can't cancel just because they don't provide BB as they provide TV and phone and they work.
Also my existing contract was only taken out in April (when I moved house) and the 'new contract isn't in force yet so I can't can'y cancel without paying off the contract.
30 hours after their server supposedly went down it still isn't working.
I would be sacked if a server was down afor more than a couple of hours without a backup taking its place.
Virgin have escalated my call to a team that they can't contact, that provide no information and I am supposed to just wait until they deign to contact me.
They think this is Customer Service?