Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Feel Im paying too much for my BB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Feel Im paying too much for my BB

Old 11-09-2009, 09:10   #1
angrywithvm
Inactive

angrywithvm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feel Im paying too much for my BB

I currently have a phone line at £11 and XL Broadband (20mbs) £37. It costs me in total after discount £40 before paying for calls etc.

Now Ive heard of some people getting higher discounts as they pay roughly £20 for there BB but Im paying £29 after discount.
angrywithvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2009, 09:59   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Feel Im paying too much for my BB

Get in touch and get on a new contract with the new prices then
Old 11-09-2009, 10:51   #3
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrywithvm View Post
I currently have a phone line at £11 and XL Broadband (20mbs) £37. It costs me in total after discount £40 before paying for calls etc.

Now Ive heard of some people getting higher discounts as they pay roughly £20 for there BB but Im paying £29 after discount.
You should be paying £20 for XL BB with a phone line for £11

Total £ 31 before calls.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:10   #4
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

If CS can't/won/t help then get onto retentions
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 04:39   #5
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
You should be paying £20 for XL BB with a phone line for £11

Total £ 31 before calls.

So why if I do not even have a phone line with VM am I paying £37 a month just for 20mb Broadband alone?
Old 15-09-2009, 09:26   #6
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
So why if I do not even have a phone line with VM am I paying £37 a month just for 20mb Broadband alone?
Ah - there you have it. There are a number of threads here complaining about the lack of transparency in VM pricing.

BenMcr is the patient poster here who calmly explains three things using my précis of his words):

1/
Your discounts when set off against the totality of your services should yield the aggregate price as currently headlined on the VM web site.

2/
You should call VM and request that your contract be adjusted to the nee headline pricing.

3/
Your VM bill will still show your BB XL as £37 and some contrived discount will appear to bring you to the correct price.

I frankly find this bordering on the dishonest because the headline price for BB XL with phone line is £20 + £11. VM's billing systems should be showing this rather than contriving discounts.

Don't you agree?
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 11:21   #7
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
From Virgin's point of view - to try and make you take the phone service - presumably taking business from BT.

From your point of view it is shameful that they have not moved you automatically to the new pricing

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...uct.do?id=3246

It pays to keep an eye on the website.

If you phone retentions they will almost certainly move you to the new standalone price of £ 30 a month for XL Broadband.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 12:36   #8
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
3/
Your VM bill will still show your BB XL as £37 and some contrived discount will appear to bring you to the correct price.

I frankly find this bordering on the dishonest because the headline price for BB XL with phone line is £20 + £11. VM's billing systems should be showing this rather than contriving discounts.

Don't you agree?
Contrived discounts. Sir your use of the English language is masterful.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 12:49   #9
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
Contrived discounts. Sir your use of the English language is masterful.
... and your technical knowledge is even more masterful.
Old 15-09-2009, 13:00   #10
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Have to make up for my lack of personality some how!
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 13:04   #11
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
Have to make up for my lack of personality some how!
Don't start doubting yourself now, BBs!