Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Modem replaced and now they have cut us off

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Modem replaced and now they have cut us off

Old 15-08-2009, 15:49   #1
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts
Modem replaced and now they have cut us off

Hi, my parents have just had their surfboard replaced with with an Ambit 256. Dad phoned up to register it and now they have no internet. He has phoned faults and got through to India and they now claim it is a cabling fault. This sounds like BS to me. Any ideas? Should i post on newsgroup on parents behalf?
musicbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2009, 15:52   #2
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Modem replaced and now they have cut us off

Whats the lights doing at the moment?
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 16:04   #3
musicbravo
Inactive

musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Can't really tell you till tomorrow, i'm not going up to their house until then. Was just looking for ideas. I'm sure it will be sorted quickly and competently. will try and phone my dad to see if he can tell me.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

UPDATE: STEADY POWER, SYNC and READY, blinking send/receive

So all seems normal there
Old 15-08-2009, 16:09   #4
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Do they have a router? If so, have they rebooted it?
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 16:09   #5
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Hmm - looks like it hasn't been activated ./ added to their account.

Give activations a call again.. and or reboot the modem and leave it.. for 2 /3 minutes, give it a reboot..
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 16:10   #6
Matt-08
Inactive

Services: Virgin media VIP Package & Freedom netbook - RED!
Matt-08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbravo View Post
Can't really tell you till tomorrow, i'm not going up to their house until then. Was just looking for ideas. I'm sure it will be sorted quickly and competently. will try and phone my dad to see if he can tell me.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

UPDATE: STEADY POWER, SYNC and READY, blinking send/receive

So all seems normal there
Blinking send/receive means it is downloading or uploading data. [Note that the send light always flickers when no devices are connected.

Is the enet light on?
Matt-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 16:54   #7
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age

I'm sure it will be sorted quickly and competently.
Dont be too sure !
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 17:14   #8
musicbravo
Inactive

No it has been sorted, newsgroups replied. connection is back, well done VM. Shame on you doubters. Newsgroup say connection is poor to modem and cabling possibly needs replacing. cheers for the help guys