Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear WNR2000

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear WNR2000

Old 10-08-2009, 19:27   #1
beanie
Inactive

Services: 100Mbs Broadband
beanie is an unknown quantity at this point
Netgear WNR2000

My Netgear WNR2000 Router rebooted itself on it's own. Is this normal? I cant see any firmware updates recently.

Remote Management is disabled so I doubt it was anyone having a hack.
beanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2009, 15:37   #2
zerolight
Inactive

Services: V+ and 50mb Broadband
zerolight is on a distinguished roadzerolight is on a distinguished road
Re: Netgear WNR2000

I'm not even planning on taking mine out the box. Last netgear I had was really unreliable, and this one, from the google I just did, is no different. I got mine as part of the 50mb package... do I own it, or does it belong to virgin?
zerolight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 15:41   #3
beanie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolight View Post
I'm not even planning on taking mine out the box. Last netgear I had was really unreliable, and this one, from the google I just did, is no different. I got mine as part of the 50mb package... do I own it, or does it belong to virgin?
It remains the property of Virgin. It's an easy to work out really. If you have a receipt for it, you own it, if you dont, you dont!
Old 11-08-2009, 21:31   #4
ferret76
Inactive

ferret76 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont have a receipt for my sky hd box its my property
ferret76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 22:03   #5
Matt-08
Inactive

Services: Virgin media VIP Package & Freedom netbook - RED!
Matt-08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I've been using a WNR200 for a couple of months now and I have to say it has been FANTASTIC...and best of all you can place it vertically..which is what I wanted (short of space)
Matt-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 22:09   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret76 View Post
i dont have a receipt for my sky hd box its my property
The contract with the initial payment on and the copy of the install sheet that you signed when the engineer installed your box are proof that the box is yours.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 22:17   #7
dd11
Inactive

Services: XL V+ HD - 50mb Broadband, XL Phone - Free Satellite
dd11 is on a distinguished roaddd11 is on a distinguished road

As of yet mine hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. I think it's great router, the wireless is fantastic and I've always got a strong signal. Goes half way down my street infact! (gd security too).
dd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 22:37   #8
beanie
Inactive

There is only one issue I have had with the router:

My computer was getting a Max Download rate of 1Mbps because the Speed & Duplex setting on my NIC was set to '100 Mb Full' rather than 'auto'.

It took about 4 weeks to find the issue!
Attached Images
File Type: gif nic.gif (12.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-08-2009, 22:39   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie View Post
There is only one issue I have had with the router:

My computer was getting a Max Download rate of 1Mbps because the Speed & Duplex setting on my NIC was set to '100 Mb Full' rather than 'auto'.

It took about 4 weeks to find the issue!
Thats not the router but the default setting on your computer.
Old 11-08-2009, 22:43   #10
beanie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Thats not the router but the default setting on your computer.
It worked fine with the cable modem like that. Just the router would not work at correct speeds with that setting. The bloke on the virgin helpdesk said that it should support that setting and it's a compatability issue.

Correct me if im wrong please.
Old 11-08-2009, 22:48   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
It worked fine with the cable modem like that. Just the router would not work at correct speeds with that setting. The bloke on the virgin helpdesk said that it should support that setting and it's a compatability issue.

Correct me if im wrong please.
All you needed to do was change to Full Duplex and you should have been advised of that but it is on your machine so not actually within Virgins support scope, depends on the person you speak to in the end.

Duplex setting are nothing to do with compatibility its just a setting that can be changed and the vast majority are usually set to Auto negotiation.
Old 11-08-2009, 22:52   #12
beanie
Inactive

I think it was set to Auto when I had this laptop, im quite sure that I did actually change it myself. Just seems a bit weird that it doesnt work on that setting but the cable modem does.

Just one of those things I guess! And my fault for changing the setting.
Old 11-08-2009, 22:58   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I think it was set to Auto when I had this laptop, im quite sure that I did actually change it myself. Just seems a bit weird that it doesnt work on that setting but the cable modem does.

Just one of those things I guess! And my fault for changing the setting.
That is a wireless setting you changed not a Lan setting so should make no difference when connected to the modem
Old 11-08-2009, 23:03   #14
beanie
Inactive

Im confused. Thats was a setting for the built in NIC card on my laptop.
Old 11-08-2009, 23:06   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Im confused. Thats was a setting for the built in NIC card on my laptop.
It usually matters more on the wireless side but best to change on the LAN as well if on 50Mb.