Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Broadband CS

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VM Broadband CS

Old 25-07-2009, 16:35   #1
Octimon
Inactive

Services: BB XXL - but only by rebooting every other day; TV XL - with a shiny new HD box and On Demand is s
Octimon is an unknown quantity at this point
VM Broadband CS

below is the conversation I had with CS in India the other night - truly bizarre...

Me - Hi, I understand there is a problem in Glasgow area, can you tell me when you estimate it will be fixed please.
VM - There is no problem in your area
Me - Yes there is. There is a recorded message saying there is a problem in the Glasgow area and I have no broadband.
VM - What is your postcode
Me - GXX XXX
VM - There is no problem in that area
Me - Well I have had no broadband since I got home from work 5 hours ago and there is a recorded message on your system advising there is a problem in Glasgow area and your engineers are working on it. I just want to know when you estimate I will have internet access as I desperately need to log on to my office system.
VM - Hang on a minute...........Yes sir, I am being advised there is a problem in your area and we estimate a fix by 11 tomorrow morning.
Me - Oh. Will I get compensation. Not being funny but last week the phones were off all night and now I have no broadband all night.
VM - Yes of course sir, tap tap tap, that's £5 credited to your account
Me - Thankyou, so you think it will be 11 tomorrow morning and I won't get access tonight.
VM - Oh no sir, reboot it in a few minutes and it will be fine

Rebooted 15 minutes later and it was fine!!

Now, the conversation was perfectly polite, the problem was fixed and I even got a £5 credit. However, there seems to have been a language problem somewhere. What was that conversation all about and was there a problem or wasn't there?

Virgin, please can we have more CS staff whose native tongue is English. It's so much easier conversing with people whose first language is English. Yes, people with secondary English language can read from a script but as soon as we try to hold a conversation with them off script it all gets so confusing.
Octimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2009, 16:41   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: VM Broadband CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octimon View Post
below is the conversation I had with CS in India the other night - truly bizarre...

Me - Hi, I understand there is a problem in Glasgow area, can you tell me when you estimate it will be fixed please.
VM - There is no problem in your area
Me - Yes there is. There is a recorded message saying there is a problem in the Glasgow area and I have no broadband.
VM - What is your postcode
Me - GXX XXX
VM - There is no problem in that area
Me - Well I have had no broadband since I got home from work 5 hours ago and there is a recorded message on your system advising there is a problem in Glasgow area and your engineers are working on it. I just want to know when you estimate I will have internet access as I desperately need to log on to my office system.
VM - Hang on a minute...........Yes sir, I am being advised there is a problem in your area and we estimate a fix by 11 tomorrow morning.
Me - Oh. Will I get compensation. Not being funny but last week the phones were off all night and now I have no broadband all night.
VM - Yes of course sir, tap tap tap, that's £5 credited to your account
Me - Thankyou, soThank Younk it will be 11 tomorrow morning and I won't get access tonight.
VM - Oh no sir, reboot it in a few minutes and it will be fine

Rebooted 15 minutes later and it was fine!!

Now, the conversation was perfectly polite, the problem was fixed and I even got a £5 credit. However, there seems to have been a language problem somewhere. What was that conversation all about and was there a problem or wasn't there?

Virgin, please can we have more CS staff whose native tongue is English. It's so much easier conversing with people whose first language is English. Yes, people with secondary English language can read from a script but as soon as we try to hold a conversation with them off script it all gets so confusing.
That's a new language its called scriponease

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 16:47   #3
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: VM Broadband CS

Or sometimes known a Scription. Where script meets fiction in order to convince customers they are happy to hang up the phone.