Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Packet loss

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Packet loss

Old 17-06-2009, 16:45   #1
cwhite02
Inactive

cwhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Packet loss

Hi,

I'm on the 20mb and use the net mostly in the evenings. I use the net for things like xbox and poker plus the web, the first two which need a stable connection or they stop working. In the last three months I've been having connection issues. If I run a constant ping to say, google.com while playing poker, I can see I'm getting the occasional dropped packet or sometimes I will lose the connections for a minute or maybe more.

I'm in the Luton area. I phoned up India three times, all the times they were useless and said there is not a problem as every time they check, the connection is ok.

Anyone else having simular issues? Any ideas on what I can do? I really don't want to speak to India again as the last time I ended up arguing with the guy who was pretty rude and actually told me to hang up (clearly he's not allowed to do that as I wasnt rude enough to him). Always known NTL/Virgin have had terrible support/customer services but having had the internet for years with no issues, it's not been too bad.

Cheers.
cwhite02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement