Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A thank you thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

A thank you thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:37   #1
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Thumbs up A thank you thread

I hope no one will complain if I thank Hugh from Faults who was cheerful,polite,informative,supportive and very efficient at getting me connected after being off line for 12 hours overnight.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:42   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: A thank you thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I hope no one will complain if I thank Hugh from Faults who was cheerful,polite,informative,supportive and very efficient at getting me connected after being off line for 12 hours overnight.
No it is appreciated and if you receive an NPS mail you can send back a email showing that you were happy with the call.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:44   #3
Planetgarb
Inactive

Services: Tivo 152meg BB Phone
Planetgarb is on a distinguished roadPlanetgarb is on a distinguished road

Happy days ... if i ever get a fault hopefully i will get Hugh
Planetgarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 22:33   #4
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Yea! it really makes a difference when you get someone who really cares and does sort it out for you. Not like the ones who seem to answer your questions like they were reading them from a card, and to make things worse, keep repeating them selves
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 22:51   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post
Yea! it really makes a difference when you get someone who really cares and does sort it out for you. Not like the ones who seem to answer your questions like they were reading them from a card, and to make things worse, keep repeating them selves
You do not get that from the UK faults centres.
Old 02-06-2009, 23:23   #6
moroboshi
Inactive

moroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nice

Quite the opposite to my experience. I've had little to no BB for nearly 8 weeks now. I've spoken to countless people in every VM department and each one gave me different excuses which all turned out to be bogus.

The fault(s) may finally be fixed now, but it's been a pretty unpleasant experience. At one point I had no access at all for a week solid.
moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 23:27   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by moroboshi View Post
Quite the opposite to my experience. I've had little to no BB for nearly 8 weeks now. I've spoken to countless people in every VM department and each one gave me different excuses which all turned out to be bogus.

The fault(s) may finally be fixed now, but it's been a pretty unpleasant experience. At one point I had no access at all for a week solid.
I know you want to complain and you have the right but please not here..When a company get it right by employing good people I think it is nice to emphasise the positive rather than the negative.

Did you run your problem past any of the VM employees that offer to help here from time to time?
Old 02-06-2009, 23:34   #8
moroboshi
Inactive

moroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nice

Quote:

Did you run your problem past any of the VM employees that offer to help here from time to time?
A few times, and was told to post in the newsgroups, which I did. Sadly they were also giving bogus excuses which never tallied with what tech support, complaints, or local engineers said. I had every excuse under the sun, even amusing anecdotes about how it may even be a rat chewing through the cables!

If they didn't know they should have just said so, instead of fobbing me off again and again.
moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 23:35   #9
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
nice one maggy it makes for nice reading.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:59   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moroboshi View Post

If they didn't know they should have just said so, instead of fobbing me off again and again.
That is the one thing I will not do as I am also a customer and would expect to be treated in the same way that I treat anyone that calls in.

If I do not know the answer then i will endeavour to find it out.