Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 50MB, New to virgin media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

50MB, New to virgin media

Old 30-05-2009, 14:08   #1
JonM1988
Inactive

JonM1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
50MB, New to virgin media

Hi folks,

I rang up VM yesterday just being nosey and seeing if 50mb was avalible in my area (Derry, Northern Ireland) and was told by the sales rep that it is.

Im seriously thinking about going for this service but im wondering if any new customers have gotten VM to waive the fees for installation and activation? The house im currently living in already has the cable line so none of that needs done. I used to work tech support for sky broadband so I know how much of a rip off the fees are.

I would be taking the 50mb BB and the phone package which is £46 p/m

Thanks
Jon M
JonM1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2009, 16:09   #2
die5el
Inactive

die5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nice
Re: 50MB, New to virgin media

If you want the product pay the full price for installation and activation like we all have for 50mb
die5el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 16:12   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You want 50Mb then you will have to pay the price as no one else offers 50Mb at the moment.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 16:18   #4
JonM1988
Inactive

I would have gotten the triple pack which waives the fee's and gives you 20 quid online credit but the tv isnt avalible in my area. I think i'll ring VM later on today and see if they will waive it.
Old 30-05-2009, 16:23   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM1988 View Post
I would have gotten the triple pack which waives the fee's and gives you 20 quid online credit but the tv isnt avalible in my area. I think i'll ring VM later on today and see if they will waive it.
Old 30-05-2009, 17:12   #6
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM1988 View Post

Trust me they won't unless they offer you a online discount to counter the charges but tbh all customers are told the price so you should pay the price like eveyone else.

woooooo 1000th post
Old 30-05-2009, 17:18   #7
JonM1988
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
Trust me they won't unless they offer you a online discount to counter the chargest
How do you mean?
Old 30-05-2009, 18:20   #8
Zhadnost
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, Phone
Zhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really nice

I was offered free installation and activation when I ordered it.

I am still being charged £50 though.

The person who called me today regarding my complaint about this told me that I should be greatful, because the normal installation fee + Activation is £80, and that for some reason I was undercharged.
Zhadnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 18:23   #9
JonM1988
Inactive

If I get offered it for free ill be requesting it in writing.

Where you a new customer when you ordered it?
Old 30-05-2009, 18:26   #10
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhadnost View Post

The person who called me today regarding my complaint about this told me that I should be greatful, because the normal installation fee + Activation is £80, and that for some reason I was undercharged.
Yes that 'undercharge' would be something to do with that the fees were reduced permanently to 50GBP at the start of the month.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 18:27   #11
Zhadnost
Inactive

Zhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really nice

No, pre existing, I even have (both) phone calls recorded, not that it'll do me much good.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
Yes that 'undercharge' would be something to do with that the fees were reduced permanently to 50GBP at the start of the month.
Yeah I know, I was going to tell her that it's £30 + £20 on the website, but I was extremely hung over this morning.
Old 30-05-2009, 19:26   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:

It is £50 they were talking out of their backside
Old 30-05-2009, 19:44   #13
Zhadnost
Inactive

Part of me isn't too worried, since I expected to pay it in the first place.

A part of me can't help feel irritated though.

Strange complaints woman tried to persuade me to downgrade.
Old 30-05-2009, 19:47   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Strange complaints woman tried to persuade me to downgrade.
Very weird and what was her accent
Old 30-05-2009, 20:11   #15
Zhadnost
Inactive

Hard to tell, northerner of some description.