Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 50mg with newsleecher

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

50mg with newsleecher

Old 26-03-2009, 16:44   #1
suggsy
Inactive

suggsy has a spectacular aura about themsuggsy has a spectacular aura about themsuggsy has a spectacular aura about themsuggsy has a spectacular aura about them
50mg with newsleecher

Hi, i am having 50mg installed april 3rd i was wondering if anyone knows if newsleecher can handle the speed, i use giganews as the server and works fine with 20mg at the mo, and was told that newsleecher is the fastest reader.

Thanks in advance.
suggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2009, 16:55   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: 50mg with newsleecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggsy View Post
Hi, i am having 50mg installed april 3rd i was wondering if anyone knows if newsleecher can handle the speed, i use giganews as the server and works fine with 20mg at the mo, and was told that newsleecher is the fastest reader.

Thanks in advance.
I have no problems at all with Newsleecher and 50 meg

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 16:59   #3
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Just the hard drive is trying to keep up with all the downloading you do
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 18:24   #4
HSp8
Inactive

HSp8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
Just the hard drive is trying to keep up with all the downloading you do
yeah I get this problem - it's definitely a program bug - hope they sort it out for v4
HSp8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 19:43   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSp8 View Post
yeah I get this problem - it's definitely a program bug - hope they sort it out for v4
What will v4 give me bigger hard drives

Old 26-03-2009, 19:47   #6
suggsy
Inactive

suggsy has a spectacular aura about themsuggsy has a spectacular aura about themsuggsy has a spectacular aura about themsuggsy has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Excellent, so do you get around 5mb/s d/l speed?

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:
Plus, 'they say' 50mg is not tm'd at the mo is it true?
Old 26-03-2009, 19:52   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Plus, 'they say' 50mg is not tm'd at the mo is it true?
Yes to both those questions, first month i had it i passed the magical terabyte in a month

Old 26-03-2009, 20:03   #8
suggsy
Inactive

Quote:
Yes to both those questions, first month i had it i passed the magical terabyte in a month
Fantastic, i have been waiting till 11pm to download with my 20mg so as not to get tm'd, as i cant be bothered monitoring less than 3gb during the day.

Now i'm all excited and can't wait.

Thanks for all the replies
Old 26-03-2009, 23:12   #9
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

Quote:
Fantastic, i have been waiting till 11pm to download with my 20mg so as not to get tm'd, as i cant be bothered monitoring less than 3gb during the day.

Now i'm all excited and can't wait.

Thanks for all the replies
It's STM by the way, and there is none as mentioned before - However there probably will be at the end of the rollout - something in the summer.
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 01:16   #10
blenky
Inactive

Services: M+ TV, TiVo 500GB, 100 MB BB, Phone
blenky will become famous soon enoughblenky will become famous soon enoughblenky will become famous soon enough

[quote=suggsy;34763000]Excellent, so do you get around 5mb/s d/l speed?

Yes - unless its a period when it drops to about 15-20 Mbits for no reason!
blenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 08:40   #11
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:

Yes - unless its a period when it drops to about 15-20 Mbits for no reason!
I have seen people keep saying this and I can honestly say I have never seen this with my 50mb
Old 27-03-2009, 09:07   #12
suggsy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiLZ View Post
It's STM by the way, and there is none as mentioned before - However there probably will be at the end of the rollout - something in the summer.

Ok thanks, i assumed it was 'tm', (traffic management), so here's a silly noob question, what's STM stand for?
Old 27-03-2009, 09:15   #13
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Ok thanks, i assumed it was 'tm', (traffic management), so here's a silly noob question, what's STM stand for?
Subscriber Traffic Management. So, you were right, just one missing word
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 09:28   #14
HSp8
Inactive

HSp8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What will v4 give me bigger hard drives
thought you were referring to the message that some people get when using it 'Pausing Newsleecher as files being downloaded faster than can be written to disk'

It gives the impression that your hard drive is getting full, but is in fact, a bug, and quite an annoying one at that

discussed here

http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17801
HSp8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 09:53   #15
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I seriously doubt you're the only one who did so, infact I know you aren't. Should pretty much ensure that the 50M gets STM'd anyway

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Newsleecher works well in excess of 50Mbit, it's worth noting that while 50Mbit is all shiny and new and wonderful here in the UK other places have been running Newsleecher at 100Mbit and up for quite some time, me in a former job being one of them
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote