Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wirless N Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wirless N Router

Old 18-03-2009, 17:35   #1
andylloyd86
Inactive

andylloyd86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wirless N Router

I had 50mb broadband installed last month and get incredibly slow speeds the further away from the router I get and also have trouble with the Internet dropping out.

The WNR2000 router is in my room and when I am in the same room as it, I rarely get a drop out and get about 37mbps. Anywhere outside of my room and I constantly lose connection and get agonisingly slow speeds.

When I was on 20mb broadband, I had my trusty budget Linksys WRT54G and I don't think I ever lost connection on it and I could use it without problem even at the bottom of my garden.

I am looking into purchasing a new wireless N router but there aren't many out there and I don't want to buy something that is as bad as or worse than what I have already got. I wondered if anyone could advise me on what to go for.
andylloyd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2009, 19:34   #2
cable-d
Inactive

cable-d is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wirless N Router

The dlink dir-655 router gets good reviews from users although it's a bit pricey at around £100.
cable-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 20:42   #3
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Another vote for the DIR 655 can be picked up for about £70 on line and I managed a bit of haggling to get it for £90 down Tottenham Court Road.

Was a bit worried when I had to reboot it the second day I had it as it crashed but has been going nonstop for the last three 4 and a bit months. Range on it is very good, used to have issues with my netgear when we had a ADSL service coverage from the living room to the bedroom could go up and down. With the DIR 655 it I get a full signal on my laptop and iPhone.

Some of the new netgear ones look quite nice as well.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 20:56   #4
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

netgear wndr3300 gets my vote really good range no problem running multiple pcs/laptops ect at the moment mine is connected to 1 pc(n) 2 laptops (g) 1 buffalo nas drive +usb seagate hardrive no probs at all ,router is downstairs in livingroom and pc+1 laptop upstairs with a ps3 connected occasionaly it has never dropped a connection in the 4 months i have had, it cost £85 from pc world
superb piece of hardware much better than the belkin n1 vision i tried and had nothing but problems with
Old 30-03-2009, 22:41   #5
xtopher
Inactive

xtopher is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a DLink 635 bought from Dell on special for about £50. It has 3 twigs, operates surrounded by TV, DVD,dig fone etc. Al my internals are plasterboard. Rock solid connection since last Oct on laptops with g and a PC with n . Right now it says its giving me 54Mbps.
xtopher is offline   Reply With Quote