Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Replacement Modem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Replacement Modem

Old 13-03-2009, 17:54   #1
Zhadnost
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, Phone
Zhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really nice
Replacement Modem

I have just received a replacement modem, According to the letter, I should call 151 options 3 2 1. (Faults).

Should I call this number or should I call the 0800 953 9500 (Quickstart) number, that seems to get referenced here a lot.

Im in an ex-c&w/ntl area if that makes a diffference.

TIA.
Zhadnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2009, 18:03   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Replacement Modem

I would phone the quickstart number.

Although TSC are supposed to be able to do it, not all of them seem to do so
Old 13-03-2009, 18:12   #3
Zhadnost
Inactive

Zhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really niceZhadnost is just really nice

Thanks, will do in a mo.

Just to be confusing, the letter also refers to the coax cable as the white cable (mine's black).
Old 13-03-2009, 19:02   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhadnost View Post
Thanks, will do in a mo.

Just to be confusing, the letter also refers to the coax cable as the white cable (mine's black).
Just connect it up in reverse of your old modem and call either number as both can add your modem in most cases.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 20:40   #5
Zhadnost
Inactive

Called the 0800 number, got a very nice asian-sounding gentleman who sorted it all out with no fuss.

Only odd bit was needing to go through the autooreg.autoregister.net bit afterwards, for some reason I thought that didn't happen anymore.
Old 13-03-2009, 20:49   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhadnost View Post
Called the 0800 number, got a very nice asian-sounding gentleman who sorted it all out with no fuss.

Only odd bit was needing to go through the autooreg.autoregister.net bit afterwards, for some reason I thought that didn't happen anymore.
You must be NTL and it should not really happen as it is already on your account when the agent adds it to your details.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote