Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Talk anywhere 200

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Talk anywhere 200

Old 26-02-2009, 21:12   #1
char22
Inactive

char22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talk anywhere 200

hi all

Can anyone explain to me what virgin mean when they say there is a fair usage poilcy on the talk anywhere 200 package?

Can you not use all your minutes??

many thanks
char22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2009, 09:55   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Talk anywhere 200

No it means if you just phone International Mobiles all the time they may ask you to change plans
Old 04-03-2009, 21:14   #3
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough

another annoying thing that.. you should get what you pay for, and Ididnt even realise they have FUP on calls.. it just gets worse.
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 21:20   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The FUP has always been there since Talk Anywhere launched as a Telewest product in 2006
Old 08-03-2009, 23:39   #5
chuzzlemonkey
Inactive

Services: V+ TV:XL Broadband:XL Telco:XL
chuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellajunkie View Post
another annoying thing that.. you should get what you pay for, and Ididnt even realise they have FUP on calls.. it just gets worse.
When sold the talk anywhere package the member of staff should make you aware of the fair usage policy, giving you the option to accept this there and then or decline this and take an alternate package.

So you are getting what you pay for...
chuzzlemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 18:52   #6
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

I used to take the biscuit and use all my minutes on calling mobiles and international numbers,yet they never bothered me! LOL
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:21   #7
chuzzlemonkey
Inactive

Services: V+ TV:XL Broadband:XL Telco:XL
chuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quads

Yeah that's the problem with the fair usage policy. Where one customer may not be seen to be abusing the system another one using their phone in a similar manner would be.

One thing i have noticed, though, is that I've only ever seen 2 accounts contacted in regards to the fair usage policy and both of these were Talk Anywhere 800 users.
chuzzlemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote