Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pat on the back for Virgin Media -- for a change

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pat on the back for Virgin Media -- for a change

Old 14-02-2009, 19:07   #1
EvilRix
Inactive

EvilRix is on a distinguished roadEvilRix is on a distinguished road
Pat on the back for Virgin Media -- for a change

It's not often I feel like praise is due for Virgin; however, today I was given excellent customer service, especially by a lovely young lady called "Jazmin" and I thought I should just share this. Not only did she call me today to let me know what time the engineer would arrive (to fix my modem and telephone issues) but she also called back to confirm he kept the appointment.

Sadly, the engineer left and shortly after my phone stopped working again. I called tech support and they immediately arranged for another engineer to return to my property within 4 hours. I shortly got a call back from "Jazmin" to tell me she'd just discovered that I needed a return visit and that she was very sorry indeed and that she would call be back later to confirm all was well.

The engineer was with me within about 3 hours. It was a problem with the exchange (unrelated to my original problem... just an unlucky coincidence) and it was resolve promptly. True to her word "Jazmin" called back to make sure I was happy.

I have, in the past, had very little in the way of positive words for Virgin Media or their CS team. Today they acted with true professionalism and although I needed two visits I believe they shouldn't be judged by what went wrong but what they did to rectify it. To have an engineer sent back to me within 3 hours and to have such fantastic follow-up from "Jazmin" has made me a very happy customer. I know Virgin get a lot of flack so, for once, I thought I'd tell the world about something they did right.

Thanks for reading.

-Rx.
EvilRix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2009, 20:05   #2
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice
Re: Pat on the back for Virgin Media -- for a change

Good to see there are happy stories on a board that's listed full of problems, im sure theres more happy stories, just that the reason this board exists is to complain and complain.

Then again, im also very happy with my service
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:16   #3
browney
cf.addict

Services: VM Retail Rates deal
browney is on a distinguished roadbrowney is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to browney

there newsgroup support is great as I found a few days ago sadly I was informed that they wont upgrade my UBR any time soon
browney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:35   #4
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiLZ View Post
Good to see there are happy stories on a board that's listed full of problems, im sure theres more happy stories, just that the reason this board exists is to complain and complain.

Then again, im also very happy with my service
This board exists to discuss cable services in general. People rarely post when they are all good with their services though, just the nature of the beast.

I trust when you hit issues you'll be glad of resources like this one even if you think it exists to complain and complain, especially if you are the one paying the bill for services which aren't performing
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:52   #5
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a romance is in the air! .. on today of all days!!

Seriously though, I too had a problem recently (no broadband for a day) .. both the engineer and call staff were very helpful and although they couldn't do much about it on the day, all was well in the end .. and I got a fiver off my bill! .. so nice one guys and gals ..
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 21:05   #6
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRix View Post
It's not often I feel like praise is due for Virgin; however, today I was given excellent customer service, especially by a lovely young lady called "Jazmin" and I thought I should just share this. Not only did she call me today to let me know what time the engineer would arrive (to fix my modem and telephone issues) but she also called back to confirm he kept the appointment.

Sadly, the engineer left and shortly after my phone stopped working again. I called tech support and they immediately arranged for another engineer to return to my property within 4 hours. I shortly got a call back from "Jazmin" to tell me she'd just discovered that I needed a return visit and that she was very sorry indeed and that she would call be back later to confirm all was well.

The engineer was with me within about 3 hours. It was a problem with the exchange (unrelated to my original problem... just an unlucky coincidence) and it was resolve promptly. True to her word "Jazmin" called back to make sure I was happy.

I have, in the past, had very little in the way of positive words for Virgin Media or their CS team. Today they acted with true professionalism and although I needed two visits I believe they shouldn't be judged by what went wrong but what they did to rectify it. To have an engineer sent back to me within 3 hours and to have such fantastic follow-up from "Jazmin" has made me a very happy customer. I know Virgin get a lot of flack so, for once, I thought I'd tell the world about something they did right.

Thanks for reading.

-Rx.
Nice to hear VM getting their CS act together at long last.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 21:33   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Praise from me.

Over the last few weeks wewhere having problems with our V+ box, (channels dropping out, pixelation) an engineer came out and within minutes knew what the problem was and fixed it.

It was due to the fact that we are within 50 foot of our green box the signal was very strong, he put some "filter" on the box and bingo perfect signal.

He also sorted out our DVD back-up from the V+ box
Old 14-02-2009, 22:52   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I have had to deal with CS three times in the last two weeks and all three times they were polite, helpful and dealt with my issues.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 01:08   #9
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Everytime i seem to deal with CS its like banging ur head on a brick wall as no one seems to know whats going on etc. I contacted them for example last monday as my modem kept resetting for a few days at exactly the same time during the night. They asked me for name, account number password etc and all was fine, where it started going down hill is when they asked me for the Mac address, i give it to them and they were convinced i was wront, they reckoned i had a NTL 250 Modem, where i have a Virgin Media 256 Modem. Ive had a 256 modem for over a year and they had my old modem and Mac and then said i was wrong LOL.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 01:40   #10
xocemp

Virginmedia ate my hamster.
Old 15-02-2009, 01:47   #11
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Virginmedia re-animated my dead hamster
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 02:16   #12
darren.b
cf.addict

darren.b has a spectacular aura about themdarren.b has a spectacular aura about themdarren.b has a spectacular aura about themdarren.b has a spectacular aura about them

Had to get an Ambit 256 activated...despite the sweetheart introducing herself to me three times and repeatedly pronouncing my surname wrong, she actually achieved her goal very quickly. And even had the time to wish me all the best. I had to reply with "aye you tae hen..." it as probably lost on her

So far so good...their 20mbit broadband is laughable though (a thread elsewhere)
darren.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 06:21   #13
smackheadz
Inactive

smackheadz is on a distinguished roadsmackheadz is on a distinguished road

i've got nothing but praise for my experiances with virgin,be it waving the £10 late payment charge on many occasions and for even offering better deals when i've phoned them to say i've just made one of the said late payments.can't get much better than that imho.
smackheadz is offline   Reply With Quote