Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Weird Problems since last night

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Weird Problems since last night

Old 08-01-2009, 13:35   #1
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one
Weird Problems since last night

Last night after being out for a few hrs i came home and decided to use the net to check my emails and have a chat to a few friends on MSN.

First i noticed i couldnt connect to MSN and then i noticed when i clicked on Firefox that Google thought i was in Poland and the language was set on polish. I manually reset this back to English and after an hour or so went to Youtube and that also was set in Polish.

I cannot connect to some english sites nor MSN unless i use their proxy which at times is really slow. Any ideas?
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2009, 13:42   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Weird Problems since last night

Try a different DNS (like open dns) and see if you get the same problem
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 14:11   #3
Joxer
Inactive

Services: 20Mb BB, phone
Joxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really niceJoxer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Joxer

I wouldn't have thought changing the dns servers would make any difference. I clicked on a link to the Polish youtube and it took several goes to convince it to go back to English, not that that explains what happened to the OP. Could be a new IP range that you are now in and the geolocation data is not up to date?

Which proxy is it you are using?
Joxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 15:22   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

maybe Virgin thinks Welsh sounds like Polish? I was speaking to a dude on teamspeak the other day who was from Newcastle and I could swear he was Russian
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 15:44   #5
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxer View Post
I wouldn't have thought changing the dns servers would make any difference. I clicked on a link to the Polish youtube and it took several goes to convince it to go back to English, not that that explains what happened to the OP. Could be a new IP range that you are now in and the geolocation data is not up to date?

Which proxy is it you are using?
im using webcache.virginmedia.com port 8080
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 16:08   #6
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

I have a similar problem, google and youtube think Im in Israel, and keep forcefully redirecting me to the israel versions of their sites.

No other sites are affected though.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote