Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any tech supports got 5 mins?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Any tech supports got 5 mins?

Old 31-12-2008, 21:44   #1
timn64
Inactive

timn64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any tech supports got 5 mins?

I have been having problems with my account since I moved house, I think I have posted a brief description on here at some point but some of the issues are still not resolved.

What I am after is a bit of advise as to why these problems are there and how I could 'talk the cs advisor' through sorting them for me. I can't believe that I am even having to post on here to ask but it's now been 6 months since I moved and after repeated calls and emails I still have a few problems!

The short version is that when I moved there were problems migrating my account but eventually after a call to retentions someone called me up and sorted my email accounts to save me cancelling. However I don't think anything else was done.

Webspace: I can't access it, I assume it something to do with permissions but no-one I have spoken to has resolved it. Why wouldn't I have access to it and how is this solved?

Selfcare: After repeated calls I now have access to my account through selfcare, however I don't have permission to change anything. My main concern is email passwords, My laptop HDD has failed and I have no idea what the PW is for my wife's account and I can't change it to something new. Tried deleting, creating accounts and same error message! Is this related to the above.

To be honest, I'm off as soon as my 12 months is done so if I can get these two sorted I can get through until then but I really need to know what to say to the tech support when I eventually get through to them.

Thanks
Tim
timn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2008, 22:17   #2
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: Any tech supports got 5 mins?

I'd suggest posting in the virgin media support newsgroups, particularly if you are ex-ntl.

Or call in and adv you are unable to access your existing email accounts or webspace.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 13:34   #3
timn64
Inactive

timn64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Any tech supports got 5 mins?

Thanks, I'll check out the newsgroups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningmags View Post
Or call in and adv you are unable to access your existing email accounts or webspace.
Been there done that. repeatedly! Been fobbed off everytime and assured it will be sorted usually within 7 days but have had variations as low as 2 hours
on one occasion.
timn64 is offline   Reply With Quote